CA-SHU-Mountain??

SHU - north side of Bear Mtn Road in Jones Valley area. Multiple spots south side of Bear Mtn Rd. Very fast start from thefire cams. Augmented dispatch just from smoke column for addl ground, rotor and fixed wing.

Sheriff starting evacuations. Driftwood Trail area.

1 Like

AA 15 to 20 acres multiple structures threatened

SKU toning out an immediate need strike team.

50+ acres, spotting and RROS per IC. Jones valley proper not threatened.

Per KCR7 News

Evacuations include: Jones Valley Proper Dry Creek to Creek Trail South to Elk Trail east.

100 to 200 acres and heavy spotting

Per AA:

Estimated 200 acres with multiple spot fires. No progress on main fire at this time. Well established

Any better scanner feeds outs there? That will pick up fire traffic?

Not sure what the broadcastify scanner has, my scanner based out of Red Bluff has SHU Local and Command on priority, air tactics FM and air to ground (when the aircraft isn’t banking its antenna from me), as well as plenty of AM Victors, Natl FF etc.

It’s an mp3 stream so will need itunes or winamp etc on desktop, or VLC or other app on mobile.
www.scancal.org/live.html for the launch page or norcalscan.live straight in the media player.

4 Likes

Lots of fire history here. Jones fire in 1999 and the Bear fire in 2004.

3 Likes

Just west of Jones fire footprint. I was at the Bella Vista station when it burned over and continued down Deschutes. Thankfully this is midday so everyone is up and at 'em, and not as strong of winds. Jones was basically from shore of Lake Shasta to Redding Airport in 6 hours or something like that?

3 Likes

Yep. Like fast moving hell.

That landscape is so hot and gnarly, you might as well make your home in a wood rat nest. (Talking about everything in Shasta County except Burney…)

2 Likes

Also, what a day for 10 new PGE fire cams to come online for the Shasta-Modoc network. Great timing, and an amazing resource for fire location and conditions.

I went to check the Southfork cam at SHU’s prealert for this fire and it was already zoomed in on the smoke. Hit the target feature to get an idea of a cross off Bear Mtn Rd and see 3-4 other camera targets all intersecting the area. What the heck?! Zoom out and see more blue triangles suddenly appear.

4 Likes

Yep, Kind of amazing. Money well spent, I’d say.

2 Likes

Have they ordered a Team?
I’m sorry I just couldn’t resist LOL

9 Likes

:joy: so perfect!

2 Likes

I think they’re sending one from AK

8 Likes

Strike team 9142C out of LNU to assemble HWY 5 / Cottonwood @ 2100