CA-SHU-Wonder ???

Because this is the Questions and Discussions board.

5 Likes

This would be a discussion then, and not a question. Right?

I’m not trying to argue. It just doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

Please direct your attention here Posting - General Discussion - Wildfire Intel for a detailed explanation. It helps the viewers differentiate threads from an IA, Q&D, and Continuing. Now, let’s all carry on. Thank you.

MOD-FJ

11 Likes

Does anybody not have enough info to start an I/A thread.

9250C responding

Ill start one

3 Likes

This gives a different perspective on wind, spotting issues, fuels, and some potential…

4 Likes

Thanks I would have but was outside I didn’t have the info.

2 Likes

What are the typical wind patterns in this area? She sure is throwing a lot of spots.

1 Like

Thats to distinguish its the question answer forum.

3 Likes

Aside from being under a southern flow, see post above about diurnals.

Spots… Traditional pain in the a** in north Redding, Shasta lake fuel model. Manzanita, live oak, California grey pine with grass understory spells fire brands aloft and receptive fuel bed. Wash rinse repeat.

12 Likes

This area is mostly unburnt and the typical shasta county fuels (manzanita, pines and oak). Looks like the next ~12 hours will be either a pain or a help with winds shifting toward the SE. The valley flow.

4 Likes

Forecast nighttime temps and RH recovery aren’t looking terrible, and the winds have been pretty stable, all in all.

2 Likes

Anyone have an updated acreage?

1 Like

Forget acres…. How many gallons of water was dropped? The EU’s and Hawks this year have to be putting up some impressive numbers….

4 Likes

I Just came across bridge

12 Likes

Nice shot.

4 Likes
3 Likes

17 Likes

Is there a potential this thing may come back to life today? We’re down south it’s extremely humid down here today…how’s it up there??

1 Like