CA-SHU-Zogg??

Zogg Mine Road north of Igo. Google Map general area. West Peak Camera got ignition at 1443. Evacs ordered for everything south. Large expanded ground and air resource order on view of the column.

Duckett Cam
West Peak Cam

PGE WX Clear Creek downwind in Igo RH12 N11G24

3 Likes

Looks to have strong wind on it, it’s got a good head of steam already

1 Like

Some confusion here
Does SHU have 1 or 2 new fires?

I believe they are one in the same

It looks like Zogg wants to make sure we fill in the gap between the Hirz/Delta/Carr and Hennessey/Ranch/August megafires, making sure we burn just about everything between Vacaville and Mt Shasta in 3 summers.

21 Likes

And that is very sad

4 Likes

Zogg Fire
http://www.alertwildfire.org/shastamodoc/index.html?camera=Axis-WestPeak2&v=81e004f

4 Likes

Reports of a large spot 3 miles ahead at Platina Rd & Newscott - thought I saw something in the cam in the flats before it zoomed out.

1 Like

T95 reporting a new start off of 299 in Redding area, 3-5 acres with moderate rate of spread bumping a trailer park.

4 Likes

http://www.alertwildfire.org/shastamodoc/index.html?camera=Axis-ShastaLake1

In City of Redding
Twin View x Hwy 273

5 Likes

You’ve got to be kidding me.

Wouldn’t this be a new start, with a city response? Seems the wind push is south and this is several miles to the northeast?

1 Like

More than a several, 15+ miles, separate incident

3 Likes

Overnight, west of Red Salmon, the winds were very erratic. Hope for the best and plan for the worst.

1 Like

Folks, let’s try and keep info pertinent to the incident Q&A in the thread.

Thank you
Camo

6 Likes

Scooper’s 260 and 263 on order

3 Likes

How is IGO downtown holding up?

It was good as of 17:05.
Check the twitter photo in main IA thread. That is the Shasta Fire station center pic, next to Igo inn.

2 Likes

I was trying to find out in exactly which direction the winds are blowing and just 2 min before i found information, it was acknowledged that national weather service verified wind change to north east at any where from 16-18 mph and 40-60 mph north east in isolated areas. Im just north of clearcreek on Riveria Drive and Im concerned if I should be getting prepped for evacuation since it is very possible for the expected verified wind change to take place… making this Zogg fire head directly towards my neighborhood.

2 Likes

If you have any doubts, always start preparing…

6 Likes