CA-SHU-Zogg??

And what if it works?

I agree my tone was dripping wet with opinion, but the tactical decisions I hope were still conveyed.

TGU ECC is catching up and resource orders will go through Zogg Operations now. CalFire C205 inbound, and this piece of the fire so far will be on Tac 4. Not sure of any Branch/Division breakout updates yet.

3 Likes

No problem Jake, Your correct to question it, It was out of the normal routine to do that. These current fuel, weather, fatigue levels, lack of resources, etc. can add an extra component to the complexity of the situation. The Aw Crap factor comes to mindā€¦

4 Likes

I know I shouldnā€™t but, is this a first? That a team has been assigned to a fire before anyone asked in the threads? But seriously, not often that you see a team within the first 24, and it was in the first 12 I believe.

5 Likes

Itā€™s the ICā€™s home unit.

3 Likes

Concerned theyā€™re getting a spot fire established on the right heel on the park boundary, way up on top of Zogg Mine Road, from Sec17 to Sec8

2 Likes

Shasta County Sheriff just confirmed 3 fatalities

3 Likes

It happens on the ElDorado the team was ordered in the first 2 hours

1 Like

Were those fatalities civilian or firefighters?

No other official information, but I presume civilian.

Teams get assigned as soon as the need dictates. Sometimes itā€™s within the first few hrs. Just because it isnā€™t listed here, doesnā€™t mean they arenā€™t assigned.

2 Likes

Sorry if thatā€™s what you were implying, too many threads and kinda busy to read everything.

It is more common than you may realize. Calfire is proactive in getting teams on the road. Plan is always to take the fire at the following operational period whenever possible.

9 Likes

And the team members know they are going before the IC calls the ECC and officially order that team. The ā€œFire Grapevineā€.

2 Likes

Any word of ICP Location?

Shasta County Fairgrounds Anderson

2 Likes

Did anyone save the video take from a vehicle the first day of the fire driving down South Fork Rd? Could you re-post it?

ICP -Andersonville

2 Likes
4 Likes