CA-SKU-Mill??

Weed 2 camera has large head moving into a community. Apparently offline now, thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

That camera went offline several hours ago. That’s the origin

1 Like

Both Weed 1 and 2 are offfline. Last timestamp was 12:54 which was early in the incident. But yes, at that time, it was definitely headed into the residential area.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I am sure the duty chief’s at SKU and NorthOps are discussing it after talking to the IC. With possible number of injuries and structures lost, seems very likely.

3 Likes

I’ve removed the image I posted from the FIRIS flight showing structures. My apologies if this caused any issues.

2 Likes

I get it, it’s fire intel. But is that how you want people finding out their home is gone?

3 Likes

Another factor they will consider is the number of resources assigned. Can the Unit properly staff the positions and can they support the folks and equipment working. A team brings a lot to the incident in terms of expertise, teamwork, experience and leadership. That’s not to disparage the local personnel, but they may need help.
They will also look at the probable duration of the incident. How long will this event last? Politics also play a part. When you burn a bunch of houses, things get political real quick.
I am very sure that the Duty Chiefs and the Unit Chief have already had this discussion.

5 Likes

This thing makes the Boles Fire look like a test run. Two headed monster fanning towards Lake Shastina and Edgewood.

8 Likes

He’s sharing among other personnel with an interest in response/situational awareness of ongoing events. There was a whole video posted on twitter by OES/FIRIS if you want to chase them down.

18 Likes

6 Likes

Any updates on the fires spread? I heard it had jumped Jackson ranch rd

1 Like

Dispatching a second start in Gazelle. Yreaka naming it Mountain Inc.

3 Likes

Currently burning through lake shastina. Reported to have jumped palmer 15 mins ago

2 Likes

Fire is trying to cross 97. Has crossed Ordway Rd and trying to jump Big Springs rd

2 Likes
1 Like

Evacuation Orders

3 Likes

Seems like the Hammond Ranch, Herd Peak, and Lake Shastina cams are all down now (in addition to the Weed cams). Any idea why? Fire might have impacted Lake Shastina but the others are distant.

Bad for situational awareness w the Mountain IC popping off

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes