CA-SKU-Mountain???

It sure got some good smoke column going a little after 20:00 and some more about 20:45. Does anybody know what happened? Was there a firing operation?

3 Likes

Here’s last night’s IR, 8pm, 9/3/2022. Green lines are FIRIS from early yesterday morning.

8 Likes

Is there an iap or maps for today ?

https://calfire.box.com/s/cweird4g13nd7wss537b7yp5guzdieof

3 Likes

9/4 AM Update:

6451 Acres @ 5% Contained
332 Civillians Evacuated
844 Personnel Assigned

Critical Resource Needs: 3 OPBD, 4 DIVS, 11 STC, 13 STG, 5 HEQB
After 72hrs: 8 T2 Crews, 4 FALM

Ops Map:

Fire History: (Caltopo is not showing Mill perimeter, Mill Perimeter is my best swag.)

5 Likes

How about the fact there are lots of homes and most likely many lives lost and its being kept behind the curtain to protect families and possibly an investigation? Way to jump to conclusions and sling mud…

8 Likes

11 strike teams of Charlie’s? They are probably going to have to start pulling from South Ops. I would assume northern region units are getting short

2 Likes

They have been hitting LG hard.

2 Likes

I believe most if not all of the OES resources sent to Oregon are being released and reassigned today to the Mill / Mountain today.

6 Likes

I know stuff from the MVU Border 32 got sent up to the Mill/Mountain.

3 Likes

San Luis Obispo county diverted their mixed ST from the Route to the Mill/Mountain, and Vandenberg sent five single-resource entities too. South Ops has definitely supported some resources.

4 Likes

Not to mention all the north region engines and crews that were sent to south region last week to preposition, and are still hanging out down there.

1 Like

Two Charlie strike teams left San Diego yesterday evening headed up to the Mill/Mountain

3 Likes

I know the XSA OES type 3 was confirmed reassigned from Rum to Mountain.

Just heard on the scanner the fire is making a hard run. LCES

2 Likes

Per VIIRS and verified by other sources, the Mountain Fire ran about 2,000 acres to the west last night after IR mapping around 8pm. It has moved about 2.5 miles to the west in about 24 hours. Much of this spread has been flanking or downhill.
Good news is that is hasn’t spread much to east in same time period.

5 Likes

It was pretty active into the late hours for sure on the cameras making runs interesting to see what the box will be…going to go watch your video now

1 Like

What other sources do you use to verify?

1 Like

SAR topo showing some live heat signatures

1 Like

Little bit of older news as of a few hours ago division BB had some active fire they would like to get an intel ship over the area to show helco and ground troops more exact locations it seems

3 Likes