CA-SNF-Creek-2020???

Nathan magsig ride along in the fso helicopter.

3 Likes

They keep saying it’s still under investigation and there was no lightning in the days before it started.

This photo was taken near or at the point of origin.
https://earth.app.goo.gl/TnDbRx

3 Likes

That is odd. Typically you would just see under investigation for cause. They must be confident it’s lightning.

1 Like

They keep telling everyone else’s it’s still under investigation though.

2 Likes

I will add this after listening to the radio traffic on some videos crews and a dozer got into the fire just before the fire started it’s march and I think there’s few thoughts to consider with access timing, terrain, and burning conditions. If they get in half an hour earlier they may have been able to stop it but if they got in and the fire did what it did that is bad spot to be trapped in being in a box canyon at the head.

3 Likes

This was taken at mammoth pool right around the time NWS hanford was picking up a later confirmed tornado nearby.

9 Likes

What’d you find out? Do you have any more footage from when it started?

1 Like

I got nothing else, I tried finding a video of when it started that was rumored to be on the big creek and Huntington lake Facebook groups but it either doesn’t exist or the person took it down.

1 Like

It is possible of a lightning strike that took place days before. And it actually took awhile for the smoke to build and peek through. I recall an IA I was on in OR where we had lightning like 5 or so days before the fire was seen.

It’s possible, we had lightning in the area 10 or 14 days prior.

2 Likes

My sentiments towards the people here haven’t changed a bit. Got to read the investigation report and nothing ground breaking in there and it went along with what I was thinking the whole time almost to a t with lightning being the most likely cause. I’m amazed at how many think this was some elaborate coverup.

3 Likes

These people clearly don’t understand how impossible it is to keep a secret in the fire service. lol. How many time have we all had someone say to us, “you wanna hear some sh** I’m not supposed to tell anyone?” Then when they tell us our reply is, “yeah dude I already heard that two weeks ago.”

5 Likes

If anyone wants to read the report PM your email.

1 Like

Here come the lawsuits.

1 Like

"Earlier in the weekend, some campers had called 9-1-1 when they spotted the fire far off in the distance, long before it had come close enough to become an emergency. The lawsuit alleges that a dispatcher from Madera County played down the risk of the fire and agreed to call them back if the fire behavior changed.

“County officials at that time indicated that the fire was no issue and it would take approximately 4-5 days before it would reach Mammoth Pool Reservoir,” the complaint reads. “Plaintiffs…gave their phone number to the county official so they could be contacted in the event the position changed so they could immediately evacuate the premises.”

Dude- I don’t think this is frivolous. Just about no one saw that blowup coming- but still, that is a ball dropped.
Still waiting on someone to sue the forest service for fuel conditions in the canyon tho…

4 Likes

The house in the background.

Others nearby.

The pot stirring was continuing. I have my opinions on this mess and the private “investigation”. All of these “we have irrefutable evidence” claims have so far have meant nothing, If you have evidence to support your claim and no one will listen why keep it a secret, that tells me you don’t have any evidence.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.fresnobee.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/marek-warszawski/article261723802.html&ved=2ahUKEwiIsqSbssj6AhVZjYkEHTnID3MQFnoECAYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3lkjwChclhshpJfxtcDaEZ

3 Likes

I am not paying to read or see these articles. Please don’t post items that require us to pay for.

6 Likes

Some people may already have a subscription

1 Like

I’d screenshot it but thats not legal and it’s the only article about it. You’d think the largest fire with creek included in the name in California would have gotten more media coverage. But then again it wasn’t started by pg&e or threatening Lake Tahoe.

4 Likes