CA-SNF-Creek

Several structures on fire in Big Creek and fire is starting to impact structures in Huntington Lake.

3 Likes

That’s a big change from earlier, thanks for the updates.

2 Likes

Just saw on Twitter from usually reliable (but unconfirmed) source that this fire is at 36K acres .

7 Likes

Local news just reported 36,000 acres. She’s moving quick!

2 Likes

4 Likes

This is from the arnold meadow facebook group. This is whats being tossed ahead of this thing.

13 Likes

I wonder how far that traveled. What a monster

2 Likes

There’s only one way to get a spot 9-10 miles away… and it ain’t from a leaf!
That piece of bark is nutz though! :flushed:
I’m also imagining how far that particular piece flew!

6 Likes

Growing fast. This is just the past two hours.

8 Likes

Pine cones will go a long way with that type of convection. If that a piece of Cedar Bark that’s pretty impressive. We are getting ash in Twain Harte everything starting to get covered.

4 Likes

Anyone pickup the frequency for AirTactics for the tankers?
I have AG 41 167.475.

On an update for Cascadel: they lost a hoselay and the fire slopped out and is currently 50 acres. Sending hand crews staged at North Fork.

1 Like

170.7625 Air Tactics
167.0625 Air/Ground
119.075 Rotor victor

2 Likes

I hear all the AG maybe called AG Command on AG41 for sure.
I’ll monitor AA for tomorrow. Thanks.

Same in Arnold.

2 Likes

For something this size there certainly could be an A/G Cmd as well but it seems too early, so I bet the IA Air/Ground is still being used since a lot of resources won’t have it in their radio loads and no time to set up cloning. The freq I mentioned is set aside for it so probably once COMT’s get established they could switch over.

2 Likes

AA making tankers 76 and 82 drop in support of structure protection above dam and northwest of Hunington Lake.
Guard helos plucking citizens out of cascadel area. That spot grew to 50+ acres. Control still difficult.

3 Likes

15 Likes

Where is this video taken?

2 Likes

Looks like big creek

2 Likes

CAL FIRE IMT Team 1 activated to assist SNF until the Great Basin team gets there

7 Likes