CA-SNF-Ferguson?? (Was MMU/SNF-Ferguson??)

It’s looking like hwy 41 will be a control line, true? I have a trip to the park planned for Aug 5 and I’m feeling like the air should be decent by then, any thoughts?

1 Like

@Lkng4intel honestly I would doubt it. The plan around the 41 should help contain the incident, but with it burning through all that timber I would expect it to put up a fair amount of smoke for a while (weeks), even after the intense spread has been stopped. The only hope for clear air in YNP by then would be a wind from the NE. Take a look at the forecast and see where the pressure is forecasted to move to. If there’s a high pressure out to the NE _and_a low pressure somewhere on the other end, then if all the other variables fall into place it may clear out. Clear as mud? Hopefully mother nature will step in and make your trip a success! YNP’s website may offer more info, if you hadn’t already checked there.

1 Like

Thanks for the help, fingers crossed.

1 Like

The Carr fire will be taking all the news channels tonight. It has jumped into the town of Redding.

1 Like

City of Redding, pop 90,000 plus

2 Likes

Air national guard swearingen(N6105L) metroliner is working the fire.

2 Likes

Wondering what the weather is like up there beyond the “weather app” on my phone. Hubs said if the weather holds he could be part of a firing op tonight in Div P. Was just curious…any good links to check out? Turning scanner on next.
Thanks in advance

UpDates: just heard on scanner favorable winds night op starting soon in Div P. Water tender request to DP 18 to help.

2 Likes

Heading to this fire tomorrow to relieve our crews that have been out there’s for two weeks. What are we looking at when we get there? It’s a generic question but just trying to get intel. New country for me day or night, I was on the Rim fire wondering if same?

1 Like

Very similar country. There has been fairly strong inversions over the fire almost everyday limiting fixed wing use. Firing ops have been taking place in divisions T, h, g,and now on division p. Huge amounts of standing dead snags due to bark beetles.

2 Likes

Highly recommend this if it is something you are familiar with I apologize. West wind was called 2 day ago.

3 Likes

Oh this is perfect! Thank you! Bookmarking it now!!

1 Like

Does anyone know if or when the team will be replaced? I believe their 14th working day is approaching.

1 Like

Von Tillow inbriefs 7/31 @ 1800

3 Likes

This marks day 16 for my hubs. They are holding them on at least a 21 day then possible refresh of crews. Maybe it’s just my husbands strike team? It is possible they will get a 48 hour and then up for another 21 days.

2 Likes

Yup. it sure is. With the major fire right now and with 3 months left of the old traditional fire season… its very likley to see 21 day shifts in the next month.

3 Likes

Well instead of the possible 48 off starting Saturday they have been reassigned as 12 hour shifts at the north end of the fire. Branch V Div FF…I should know better then to get my hopes up for a road trip. :wink:

1 Like

I did 26 days a couple years ago got 48 off and then on for another 16 days. When assigned to 12s from a 24 is a good sign that the end is possibly near. CSR 30 is in effect for hold all schedule b on .

2 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Type 6 Engines discussion (cut out of Ferguson)

yeah, when Tulare County use to be Cal Fire. they used their Light Engine for strike teams on a couple of fires. Specifically the 4 wheel drive ones. Was a pretty cool Fire assignment.

1 Like

I would say these trucks are the equivalent to that. They are big RAM trucks with water tanks, hose, hand tools, etc.