CA-SQF-Lightning 2024 (Trout) ???

Wind Forecast is all over the place.

4:00PM

6:30PM

4 Likes

They ordered two type 1 helis to kernville airport. They also called it 60 acres.

6 Likes

I believe there are two separate fires up there. Each camera is on a different one…

1 Like

Same fire. Both cams on the Trout.

3 Likes

There is also a packsaddle fire

3 Likes

More wind and lightning, pretty much all day and into the night. Could easily be a complex by tomorrow.

5 Likes

Jump 52 en route from porterville

4 Likes

Any intel on Packsaddle location?

1 Like

All I heard was the name, I would assume that it is near packsaddle cave, if so, very rugged in there.

4 Likes

There is also a Packsaddle Meadow and Creek adjacent to Slate/Nelson that was inside the Windy burn 2021.

3 Likes

Started last night around 2100, south of sherman peak

5 Likes

JPR52 inbound:

2 Likes

In my aging memory Packsaddle cave is too far east. May have been mentioning Packsaddle Grove which is further west.

3 Likes

Sounds like 538 is going to put their crew into the packsaddle.

5 Likes

Jumpers are on the ground. Trying to find a good anchor point

5 Likes

21 days flying on McNally as ATGS
Was an eye opener with many rotors timing out each day. IHC Crews spiked out there for weeks, supported by rotors.

5 Likes

FWAC does have two other reported incidents in the area.

Bone Fire. This looks like its pinned to the location where the cameras seemed to be looking at.

Job Corps E-642. Located to the west of where FWAC is pinning Trout Fire.

3 Likes

Maybe a trick of the eye, but putting the first cam in this thread back 6 hours, after the fire starts, the camera flips a couple frames to smoke on the slope below the camera. Maybe a different fire and why the cameras didn’t line up?

4 Likes

Wofford Heights is way south near the TUU/KRN line south of Posey. Don’t believe the cams were/are looking there??? The 2 initial cam views are of the same fire. I zoomed in and verified. Both cams have remained on same fire all this time.

2 Likes

162 acres per Firis

4 Likes