CA-SQF-Lightning 2024 (Trout) ???

The Trout IC reports fire is burning actively on both sides of the drainage. Ground smoke is obscuring the fire edge. Can’t help the jump crew establish an anchor point. IC can’'t see them.
IC is requesting AA and 2 tankers. Confirm order filled for 2 copters enroute.

5 Likes

This is burning in the Doomland Wilderness so I can’t imagine aggressive tactics will be allowed.

Aircraft assigned: Jump 52. Still trying to fill the AA and two tankers.

Copters: 3BH, 4VG, H538

7 Likes

Looks like CFR641 is over the fire currently. Not sure if they’re headed somewhere else or assigned.

2 Likes

Unconfirmed, but I added some circles and labels for what FWAC is reporting.

4 Likes

That’s the CF Intel platform which is a King Air.

3 Likes

Ah gotcha. Looked like intel 24 was overhead as well so wasn’t sure. Thanks for clarification.

4 Likes

Wofford Heights is on Lake isabella, just south of Kernville…the location (19 miles) north east is pretty accurate.

3 Likes

Didn’t look right to me, but not the first time I’ve errored. Pine Flat to Posey and on to Wofford Heights is my stomping grounds.

2 Likes

Added Bone and Job Corps E642 incident reports to topic title.

2 Likes

Is this thread also covering “Pack Saddle” fire? If so, IC reports fire activity picking up with group torching. Requests Copter 538, since they are closest. Will need divert from the Trout.

Short range spotting occurring. Intensity rapidly increasing, Crews are backing off.

Trout estimated by AA at 100 acres. Since jumpers landed, fire activity greatly increasing on the Trout as well.

4 Likes

Sorry guys. :face_with_thermometer: I’ve gotten my bearings off and now corrected. Thanks Ghost.

3 Likes

We are keeping the name the same for the incident until it becomes a complex fire.

6 Likes

Roger, will do.

4 Likes

All air resources diverted to “pack saddle” fire per BC 42.

98% of the radio traffic is Trout and Pack Saddle fires. The lat and long place the pack saddle near Poison Meadow.

AG Tacs 41 Pack Saddle and 53 Trout.

Trout IC is not engaging the fire any longer. Growth and rate of spread is rapid.
Jumpers pulled out to safety zone.

5 Likes

Trout fire just a 90 degree turn because of thunderstorm outflows from the west.

7 Likes

Lightning map starting to come alive

7 Likes

What lightning map are you using?

2 Likes

Packsaddle on the left trout on the right.

9 Likes

Priority Tanker request to the Trout. Help cool the fire for personnel.

AA requested 2 additional tankers to Pack Saddle for spot fire.

9 Likes

What are the values at risk up in this country -

2 Likes