CA-SRF-Smith River Complex

No IA was posted on this one so establishing continuing thread here…

2 Likes

Did not see a continuing incident thread so I will put this here. I made one data package for the entire complex as North only had an IAP and a 145 mb ops map. I included their IAP but the ops map was 145mb so it was left off. its located in this folder directory at maps.takserver.us atak_mapping/2023_Incidents/CA_North

10 Likes

DP is up for South. I am not making one for the North due to he ops map is being exported without any compression. maps.takserver.us

2 Likes

This morning’s Ops map has Primary, Alternate, and Contingency boxes drawn for the complex. 80,000 acres north of Highway 199, and 40,000 acres south of 199 is primary box (light blue).

10 Likes

DataPackage is posted. Maps.takserver.us

3 Likes

Datapackage is up for the 25th. I made sure its in the right folder this time. Sorry about yesterday. maps.takserver.us

6 Likes
5 Likes

DP is posted. maps.takserver.us

2 Likes

From the lightning that came over the complex on Thursday, we have picked up 5 additional starts. 4 of SRF and one in the Redwood National Park. 3 on the forest are staffed and crews are making progress. The 4th is in Wooley Creek and is unstaffed for all the usual reasons. There are a total of 19 fires in the complex.

9 Likes

Tell me about Wooley Creek?

3 Likes

This provides some level of context as to why sep.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_1VNpXBras/

9 Likes

Zactly Milehighbar

3 Likes

Multiple fires have gone through the drainage leaving huge snag patches and jack straw fuel on the ground. Very steep, rugged terrain. The drainage is in alinement with the predominant wind as well as diurnal winds and is a south west facing drainage.

7 Likes

DP is up at maps.takserver.us

5 Likes

Copy, thanks.

2 Likes

The Hancock in Wooley Creek made an 800+ acre slope, fuel, and wind driven run yesterday.

11 Likes
4 Likes

DP is up for 082823 at maps.takserver.us

4 Likes

DataPackage is posted for 082923 maps.takserver.us

7 Likes

DP is up for 083123 maps.takserver.us. They reduced the file size by 75% but the clarity has reduced some. Its a balance for sure. Glad FTP is back up and running.

4 Likes