CA-STF-Donnell??

CA-STF
In the area of Donnell Vista, off Highway 108 on the Summit Ranger District. Was reported on My Mother Lode.com As 2-3 acres but was updated to 25-30 acres by the Stanislaus National Forest at 13:50 near the inlet to Donnell’s reservoir inlet. Difficult access and Steep area.

1 Like

ANF sending a Dozzer and Stike Team

Donnel IC. 100+ acres now with spotting. Evacuation advisory for Clark’s fork and waggner track per local news. Poor visibility for aircraft.

https://www.dfg.ca.gov/m/fishplantings/Details?county=Alpine&water=Stanislaus%20River%20Clarks%20Fork

Any update on the fire today? The family is heading to Cold Springs/Pinecrest and is wondering about HWY 108 and if the smoke is heading east.

Palomar IHC en route

1 Like

I’ve lived inTuolumne County nearly all my life. I’ve spent many of my winters snowmobiling and my summers camping and hiking in this area. There are a few dozen seasonal cabins, mostly along Highway 108, and several campgrounds in the area. What is most surprising (alarming?) to me is how well this is burning this early in the year. The fire is also burning with this ferocity on the northern exposure. That is concerning as well. Stay safe and be vigilant folks. We’re entering a new era in wildland fire behavior.

4 Likes

FireDonkey, I think you hit the nail on the head. We have entered another, new dimension in wildland fire. These are not the fires of our youth. Stay heads up folks!

1 Like

I too grew up in Tuolumne County, our family has a cabin back in Long Valley off 5N01/Eagle Meadow Rd and have spent lots of summer days up there, just recently in June. I also have a co-worker who has a cabin up towards Kennedy Meadows on 108. They fear that she has lost her cabin, any word on structure loss for this incident?

Dardanelles Resort on FB is saying that are awaiting confirmation the the resort has burned down…

1 Like

@badbrad Thank you for the info. I hope it’s not the case, it would be a shame to lose those historical sites.

Agreed… fingers crossed for Kennedy Meadows.

1930 IR flight

2 Likes

Updated IR maps at http://www.firemaps.us/files/IR.html - the map features the Mendocino Complex, bu tif you zoom out, Donnell is on there, too.

1 Like

Looks like it encompasses Dardanelle and Brightman. Worked FS there in the early 70’s, d

Does Anyone Have A Current 205 and or 220 for the Donnell They Would Share? Thanks

Can anyone confirm the status of Camp Liahona girls camp in Clark’s fork?

Does Anyone Have A Current 205 or 220 for the Donnell Fire That They Would Share? Thanks

The USFS doesn’t post IAPs, so it’ll take someone assigned to the incident posting a photo of them