CA-STF-Donnell??

I Know, That Is What I Was Hinting For.:grinning:

Can someone please post or send me a QR code or link to IAP. Thanks

Can you explain further what you mean about demonstrating that progress has been made and unified terminated.

2 Likes

Since the fire is USFS land the mutual aid compact between the feds and the state is no longer needed meaning the Feds think they got this thing under control and can contain it without CalFire, this freeing up the CalFire resources to head elsewhere.

As for the fire, the north flank near Spicer Meadow is burning in granite sprinkled with trees. To the east the forest is thicker but thinning the further east due to altitude.

4 Likes

That explanation is not really correct. Birdchirp is combining Unified Command and Mutual Aid.

Here is a better description.

A CAL FIRE MICT may work under the direction of the local jurisdiction having statutory responsibility for the incident. If it is a wildland fire on State Responsibility Area (SRA) then CAL FIRE is the lead for all activities in the suppression effort. If a wildland fire were to occur on both SRA and Federal lands, then a unified command may occur. If, however, it is an earthquake or hazardous materials spill within an urban area, CAL FIRE may be called in to assist in the management of the incident, but the overall lead would be the local agency of jurisdiction. The same goes for Federal Teams. Those teams go throughout the US and its territories to provide some sort of semblance to disasters.

So really when they go out of UC, that means there is no longer a threat to or is burning on large part of SRA, so they will turn over the management of the fire to the Local Government Agency or Fed ICT or IC, and only keep a CF agency rep on scene to handle any CALFIRE issues with land or resources on the fire. It is the same when the incident no longer is a severe threat to federal lands. When under UC, both agencies put there heads together to come up with a plan that is satisfactory to all the agencies involved.

And after they come up with a plan that they can all agree on, they sing kumbaya around the fire.:slight_smile:

5 Likes

And that is how it worksā€¦
Pretty good explination

1 Like

Copy thatā€¦any reason why the fire went/remained with a team instead of going back to the forest? Change in conditions, perhaps?

I donā€™t know the definite answer to that. I was kind of surprised they were transitioning to the local unit to begin with.
It seemed to me that the complexity was still type 2, but Iā€™m not there and havenā€™t really been following closely.