CA-STF-Henry ???

ALERTWildfire | Shasta Modoc
Either a firing op or Henry found a little more steam…

1 Like

Is that Henry, or something new?

Was just trying to pin it down and it looks like new heat on the Wifire Map

Hawkins 3

1 Like

The Henry fire is in the background, this one started popping up yesterday evening.

2 Likes

Thanks TBS

Checked Inciweb and either missed it or…

Is there a fire name yet that you’re aware of?

Believe the name is Tamarck. Ownership HTF. Has been in monitor status for a while, but really starting to pick up. Black Mountain Shots just arrived on scene and ordered air attack and a type 1 helicopter. No idea on size yet.

3 Likes

Inciweb = Updated : 1:58 hrs. ago
Size : 1,040 Acres
Contained : 21%

2 Likes

Sorry that was for The Henry

3 Likes

So maybe someone can start a new thread, and knock off the Henry rumors. It’s 20% contained, and 1,000 acres at almost 10,000 feet in elevation. Not a likely IMT candidate at the moment.

4 Likes

This may be the camera for it. Looks like the right spot. Pretty good activity.

ALERTWildfire | Tahoe

I believe that is the Tamarack Fire not the Henry.

Your correct. Really starting to get a head of steam on it too. One of my favorite areas of the Sierra, hope they throw out the mist tactics and put it to bed before it nukes off that entire area

1 Like

Well I have some bad news for ya…It NUKED pretty good on 7-12.

1 Like

NV-HTF Tread started here

1 Like

Not looking any better now.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: NV-HTF-Tamarack???

Henry fire has been listed at around 1000 acres for many days. This afternoon I am seeing a second build-up of smoke west of the columns and cap from the Tamarack fire. Any current intel on the Henry? Is the second build-up new growth on the Henry fire which is west and south of the Tamarack?

1 Like

There some cumulus buildup near the fire but it’s not real active. Henry fire is actually on the Stanislaus.

3 Likes

Caltopo is behind more then the usual 3-4 hours. The Henry has the same alignment as Tamarack so bit surprising it didn’t blow out (maybe the crews closed the line on the east flank).
https://caltopo.com/map.html#ll=38.4795,-119.84058&z=14&b=t&o=f16a%2Cr&n=1,0.25&a=mba%2Cfire%2Cmodis_mp%2Cfeatures

There is a helpful information guide to how these maps and satellites are created and why there are delays in the plots:
FIRMS FAQ | Earthdata

Not sure what is fire building this morning on the Mokelumne cam (Henry or Tamarack)
http://www.alertwildfire.org/sierra/index.html?camera=Axis-NorthMok&v=fd40729

Wildcad remarks 1040 acres on 7/12 and inciweb has 1075.

Have not heard any action on the airtacs from a few days ago.

that’s Tamarack Capping out in the distance.

Driving into Bear Valley today, fire activity seems to be picking up significantly from the looks of the column.

1 Like