NV-HTF-Tamarack???

Oh no! I have seen a couple private planes on Flightradar24 take off into the smoke cloud.
Probably a bit too exciting of an experience.
FWIW, looks like the fire has stayed south of the hot springs tract so far.
Spots fires are popping up close to, from what I can determine, around pleasant valley road neighborhood.

3 Likes

What is monitoring status? Does that mean it was left to burn for the last 12 days and now it’s threatening homes? I don’t understand that…

8 Likes

Bomber3005 Basically, yes.
And I agree firedog1,
But someone please start a new thread for
“monitoring fires” to discuss further.

7 Likes

Yes please. Keep this for the fire. And if someone is up to it, please start an IA.

2 Likes

Here’s an Idea…we don’t someone monitor the near by ranger units to the west and ask for help. Less than two hours away!

6 Likes

Smoke showing from Sacramento

4 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

Is it safe to assume the Sierra Front is going to get this one?

3 Likes

So the title says Nevada but that is clearly in California

1 Like

It burned right out of the Sierra at Tahoe camera view. Too much for the camera operator to keep up with.

1 Like

Bomber-

Although the fire is burning in California, the boundaries of Region 5 go outside and is being ran as a Nevada incident. We will keep this in the Great Basin thread.

Thank you

8 Likes

Great Basin Team 3, Type 2 has been mobilized for this

5 Likes

Yes, assigned in SF Wildcad on 7/4 under incident number HTF-30419

5 Likes

Going to be a smokey July for all. This fire started on 4th of July. Wow.

7 Likes

Per retiredbc2 Tamarack fire started on 07/04/21 and has been in monitor status until today at which time it transitioned to an active wildland fire. (Keep comments regarding this to a another post please).

Clearly in California

Yes, it is in CA but it is HTF DPA which is Great Basin, which is why it gets a NV identifier

7 Likes

It is written, it shall be done.

1 Like

From Lake Tahoe - behind Heavenly:

6 Likes

2 Likes