CA-TGU/SHU-Area lightning??

TGU-Red Bank will remain priority fire for the area. The SHF-South has no threat to anything at the moment.

GOES17 IR is showing significant heat off PNF-Walker, TGU-Red Bank, SHF-South and the HUU? 1-2 fire.

PGE Hillcrest in Rancho Tehama (lower elev, SE of fire) 92F SE 10G20
PGE Ridge (lower elev, NE of fire) 93F, SE 11G18
Eagle Pk RAWS (south of fire, higher elev, midslope from valley to ridge) SE 11G21

1 Like

Thanks for the great info!!

MNF - I have visual on the smoke at Ides Cove Trailhead area, Mt Linn area. Engine 8430 (wildlife refuge I think?) on it. They’ve been the guys on R5 Tac 4 I think. Wind keeping the smoke horizontal. Unknown designator.

TGU-Red Bank updates I am throwing on the IA thread unless it’s a Q/A.

1 Like

AA 460 is on a fire near Lookout Peak, with Tanker 90 coming at scene.

I’ve edited my posts above referencing what I thought was HUU 1-2, it is in fact MEU 1-1. They’ve had C101 and 205 on it since morning, they’ve timed out. Some S2 and a LAT at one point.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: CA-TGU-Red Bank??

This fire keeps getting people’s interests. C102 down mechanical at the moment at Rainbow Lake. C902 meeting up to get 'er back up with mechanic. Quite a few SHU IA resources staged or engaged. On Bollychoop Mtn. Still don’t know designator yet. They occasionally get an S2 on it, have had AA and copter on it most of the day.

2 Likes

Thank you!

There are SPCC and TRCC crews on the ground. Ugly country, 1.5 to 2 hour hike in. Nobody wants to go there.

1 Like

Bring me Men to match my Mountains.

1 Like

Confirmed it is SHU 5-6 incident. Upper quarter eastern slope of Bullychoop. 7-10 acres.

2 Likes

Those are big boys up there.

1 Like

Affirmative

5-6 is showing up on goes17 north of the red bank.
https://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-17&z=5&im=60&ts=1&st=0&et=0&speed=170&motion=loop&map=1&lat=0&opacity[0]=1&hidden[0]=0&pause=0&slider=-1&hide_controls=1&mouse_draw=0&follow_feature=0&follow_hide=0&s=rammb-slider&sec=full_disk&p[0]=cira_natural_fire_color&x=13172&y=2982

North Bay Incident Management Team is enroute to MEU

3 Likes

9150C assigned. Lacing and chasing. #headsonaswivel

1 Like

6 fires showing heat signatures in Nor Cal, I think the Walker went Nuclear.

18%20PM

2 Likes

Anyone got more intel on this?

I believe it is named the Middle fire on the SHF. it was only 2 acres last night but appears to have woken up some today. I can’t find much info on size. Located N/E of the Canyon Creek Trailhead. Shows a start time of 9/5/19 at 907 a.m.

1 Like

Some context. I count 6 big ones.

1 Like