CA-TNF-Mosquito??

Don’t drive all the way up to Forest Hill and get turned around like us.

8 Likes

Just did a livestream on this fire and the Fairview Fire. https://youtu.be/nZ4x0DmfxX0?t=308

20 Likes

I figured you’d might do two today with everything going on @pyrogeography

Thanks for your hard work on these

16 Likes

Putting out some heat to start the evening:

In better news, RH is up to 26% and temp down to 86F, which is about 8 points better on both numbers than the same time yesterday evening.

3 Likes

As if the shots of this fire aren’t otherworldly enough as it is…

She’s mad tonight!

8 Likes

Has this fire crossed over into the ENF and Eldorado County?

Yes on question 1 and no on question 2; Ralston Ridge is in Placer Co but on the ENF.

3 Likes

With down canyon winds this fire may yet “cross the Rubicon” into Eldorado County, but there’s no indication that’s happened yet.

2 Likes

Night Views from my deck in Alta Sierra

8 Likes

1/3
Early image from ABC10.

2/3

3/3
Above location at roadway and junction of two power lines per a screen grab of @pyrogeography 's great video from this morning (Thx Zeke!) before the fire doubled. Island in reservoir pointing at above location. Green lines are power grid.

3 Likes

Ask and you shall receive! It’s been up on Patreon and YouTube for 1/2 an hour…

Here’s the link to Juan Browne’s Mosquito update:

5 Likes

Thanks for letting me know he posted that! Hopefully he gets a chance to check in with the folks running GVAAB operations supporting the tankers too and get the curious among us hard numbers on how much mud they’ve mixed, how many drops, how often the fuel truck needs refilling, etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that the Fed ICP or Calfire?
I was told Calfire is meeting in Foresthill

Not sure of which agency but I am pretty sure he meant the Gold Country Fairgrounds in Auburn. If you look up Placer County Fairgrounds you will end up in Roseville

It is the Placer County Fairgrounds in Roseville. The Gold Country Fairgrounds in Auburn are not currently available. The ICP and briefing will be in Roseville in the morning.

4 Likes

My mistake. Thank you for the clarification

Its a unified command. A Fed Team is taking the fire.

2 Likes

Winds 6 mph southeast. She is angry and

moving south since last night.

2 Likes