CA-TNF-Mosquito??

Its a unified command. A Fed Team is taking the fire.

2 Likes

Winds 6 mph southeast. She is angry and

moving south since last night.

2 Likes

A new fire weather toy, this one specific to Foresthill.
https://www.weather.gov/dlh/fwd?lat=39.091586&lon=-120.731978&clat=39.091586&clon=-120.731978&zoom=16

6 Likes

Yep, Placer, it’s a haul that’s why I posted

1 Like

Is there a current IAP for this one?
Sorry if I missed it somewhere

There she blows

3 Likes

Does anyone if this is FRA OR SRA? or who will be paying for this. DOD resources can’t go to fed fires right now only state fires due to mutual aid agreement issues… trying to see who will be paying so we can get out.

1 Like

It’s on both. Last I heard tnf was the ordering point

1 Like

A Fed team is taking the fire. There is both state and federal land there. It’s unified command. There will be cost apportionment…both will be paying. In this case it’s not just one way or the other.

5 Likes

Southern end just exploded.

3 Likes

Not sure the thought behind posting that. People who live in the area are reading this. How do you know this is the south end? And I would not call that an explosion by any means, a lot of unnecessary posts on this site this year. Try to remember the little old lady sitting in Georgetown when post such silly things.

33 Likes

I agree, this fire has been remarkably restricted considering the country it is burning in.

3 Likes

Getting shearing winds on the column this morning:

3 Likes

Definitely looks like it’s taking off to me!

3 Likes

For 0700? She is definitely off to the races early.

2 Likes

Looks like poke through very early. Very dynamic conditions aloft!

1 Like

Very dense smoke and poor visibility looking out from Church towards Bath:

1 Like

CalFire NEU Twitter

5 Likes

Would be interested to see where the firing ops were done.

Is anyone else having issues with twitter requiring a logged-in account to view these updates?