CA-YNP-Washburn?

Firewatch51 advised spot 100 yards west of 41. Clear air, helco heading that way

6 Likes

Does anyone have todays link to the IAP?

1 Like

Any more news on this

1 Like

50x50 spot west side of hwy 41. helco or firewatch51 also advised a second spot? firewatch51 also advised lots of spots to the east with the farthest 1/2 mile ahead.

update 16:39: spot is 2 acres

3 Likes

I was on Lake Tahoe and you could see big pyro. Surprised not more chatter on here about fire activity.

2 Likes

I believe those are from the T-storms rolling along the back side of sierras on the Cal/Nev state line. Cams on the fire donā€™t show that type of activity

11 Likes

Just clouds, not pyrocu from Washburn.

Current view of Washburn

Hereā€™s a view looking east across Lake Tahoeā€¦big poofy thunderheads.

9 Likes

Clouds east of the fire, no big header like yesterday.
30 miles south looking at Raymond mountain where the fire is.

7 Likes

Saw them when I was headed into tuolumne earlierā€¦ But I have to admit it made my heart do a speed bumpā€¦ Lol

3 Likes

Can anyone please post IAP ?

1 Like

I donā€™t see an IAP available on the ftp site. I donā€™t know if they have had them up until now because I havenā€™t checked, but there isnā€™t even an IAP folder or an IAP in the QR folder.

2 Likes

This is a FED Fire, 99% of the time they do not post their IAPā€™s.

5 Likes

The other day some lat had ghost on 24. Weird

2 Likes

Here is the link. Good luck.

13 Likes

The Washburn Fire IAP Information
Well, @HEQB , thank you for this very interesting link. This answers the requests from @Type3-FAE , @WLF8609, @Ted, and a bunch of others, including myself. Intersting method to display the IAP and incident related information. It appears that this is run off of the Spring Valley Volunteer Fire Department site. Posting the Washburn Fire information this way is unique and a possible best practice. It took me a while to realize that opening a file is in a separate tab, so there is no way back but to just close the tab you are viewing. That gets the viewer back to the main page.

4 Likes

Great innovation and use of technology! This will help with situational awareness plus cut down traffic in the SITU and GIS trailers of folks looking for ā€œextraā€ analog products. Only issue is wifi/cell connectivity but maybe that is not a problem on this fire. Wish we had this up in the Klamath.

4 Likes

Google sites is free for any team to use and IMHO if you keep a static address for it a very nice way for anyone who is tracking a team to get to their info but I guess what is frustrating is why is it ok to put the IAP in a ms onedrive on firenet and then put the link on this google site vs just putting it on the ftp to begin with. As an example the map link on this google site just takes you to the FTP. Ok back to the fire. IAP Rant over

12 Likes

Standardization, or lack thereof. A great separate topic to start, but not now or on this thread. Maybe the winter. Iā€™m with you - ā€œPreviously, on the Washburn Fireā€¦ā€

6 Likes

FYI weā€™ve updated the Central Sierra Fire Tactical Feed today based on the communication plan in the IAP and also recommendations Iā€™ve been receiving here. Let me know what you think. I will always forward your ideas to the feed owner. Itā€™s been a great learning experience! Ty!

11 Likes

1 Like