CA-YNP-Washburn?

Other News:

https://www.fresnobee.com/news/california/fires/article263377558.html

2 Likes

They were doing some firing last night but I have not heard a peep or a squawk from any resources this morning. I guess we need to wait for Helco or ATGS to provide some insight unless @apx8000 or @norcalscan have heard.

4 Likes

7:42 this AM. Up at sunrise and off to the races. Stay safe all!

6 Likes

No aircraft over the fire at the moment. Firewatch is just about overhead though.

Also new additional AM victor assigned 132.725

5 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ve not heard anyone being too excited. Maybe itā€™s one of the spots in Div. Yankee on the north slope of Mt Raymond that decided to make a hard slope run?

Weā€™ll know soon enough.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Agreed, from the midnight run of OES Intel-12 thatā€™s exactly what it looked like. There was lots of heat there and in DIVS R, probably as they try to bring some fire with them. Sounds like Firewatch51 will be there shortly and he just appeared on my screen.

Looks like the ATGS is with him. If not, someone is?

4 Likes

Firewatch 51 over the fire, mapping underway.

2 Likes

Really shocked there hasnā€™t been a slop over west of 41 or across the Merced river. Great work to the boots on the ground !

6 Likes

Its hit the granite on Raymond mountain.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update. Iā€™ll plug it in today. This morning I heard traffic with firewatch 51 on the AG Command, so still using it.

EDIT UPDATE: @09:13
Firewatch reports no heat on spot over the line off hwy41 from yesterday, no spots on north side of merced river. Mariposa grove lines holding in Div.Y. Fire progressed out to Mount Raymond. Did not say acreage. Head of fire does not look good.
Helco up and starting the copter operations.

5 Likes

It sounds like they got the spotā€™s that went across 41

3 Likes

A few but from what I heard they were all lined.

5 Likes

Firewatch 51 (Nxx) is at 17.5 and has been in a left hand orbit for a while. There is another aircraft, (N40Y) also at 17.5 and also in a LH orbit. When 47KT just checked in and asked about other aircraft, FW51 said no. Anyone know who N40Y is? Itā€™s a Beech A200CT King Air. Is it a squawk ghost or error in FL24 and they are one and the same? They both left at the same time but are a fair distance apart and not on the same vector.

On the good side, he said everything looked good.

5 Likes

Firewatch 51 is N40Y.

7 Likes

@R.Mathis, I appreciate you clearing up the oddity. On FR24 they were two distinct platforms, but FW51 didnā€™t carry their N#, only said ā€œFWC51.ā€ It also had them spaced apart horizontally and then usually about 500 AGL difference. When they do their afternoon run Iā€™ll see if it happens again. Iā€™ve never previously seen a ghost platform on the screen like that.

3 Likes

Right now itā€™s in the 2008 silver complex and the column is much smaller than it was earlier.

7 Likes

They said fires hung up in the retardant on the ridge

9 Likes

Iā€™m going to be going through the audio feeds from 1-4 pm on the 7 to gather a little bit of information about what occurred.

7 Likes

New start in Glen Aulin area off the hwy 120 Tuolumne Meadows area. E351 enroute, Copter 551 delayed response. Trail head to Pot Hole Dome for accessā€¦called ā€œwhite fireā€.

EDIT UPDATE @ 16:15 , copter 551 reports 1/4 acre heavy dead down, low potential spread, full engage suppression action with copter crew and bucket drops. Will send engine crew in Wednesday morning to mop up.

2 Likes