CA-YNP-Washburn?

A little late on the massive air-attack, IMHO. This thing is a goner.

8 Likes

Iā€™m going with a Hail Mary Pre-Treat squirt on the south side of the Big Trees.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll call you on the south side and raise you that it better be the west side tooā€¦

ā€¦And buy stock in Fire Wrap!

6 Likes

AA52 requested a heavy air show up at 0800 and to the fire with YNP last night. He re-requested it when he arrived at 08:00 today (Friday). Follow up again around 08:30.

EDIT @ 11:00- I heard two type 1 copters moving up on National Flight. However, none at scene according to AA.

7 Likes

Alot of resources sitting bored at MMU waiting to help out seems like a fire that needs us to get ahead of and not wait too long.
Careful planning and patient burning gonna put this one to bed the state needs more experience with these type of fires so hopefully we can cooperate and learn from one another.

9 Likes

Do you know what MMU has available? I know they have resources out of unit

1 Like

There is 2 strike team of Charlieā€™s out of county but currently have 1 in the hopper there are 2 contract dozers sitting here along with one state lima and I believe we get our state dozers back today we also have 2 FF1 handcrews available no golfers though

5 Likes

Put the 2 FF HCs together to form a Golf

2 Likes

Need a Strike Team leader.

4 Likes

And a order and request number

3 Likes

So? all of the FCs assigned the Castle are STL qualified. Just saying

3 Likes

Simple question: How can a non-firefighter or person (agency administrator) with little fire experience have a ā€œcomfort levelā€ with an emerging fire or make critical, time sensitive decisions with lack of understanding or appreciation for the potential or life and community risks?

8 Likes

There are two things I donā€™t understand. #1 a good answer to your question. AND #2 why you directed it to me LOL

9 Likes

John you know the answer because you have dealt with the problem for 50 years.

1 Like

Capt4711. Is not about you. I just grabbed the Reply button. Please accept my apology for pointing at you.

Problem is with egocentric agency administrators that must employ their authority even it they donā€™t get it.

Thank you.

8 Likes

Central Sierra tactical feed was created by a friend for the Creek Fire and now has been updated to the Washburn. Any radio freqs we have can be added easily.

7 Likes

Looking at the cam, the bigger spot out front is starting to take off. Not good.

4 Likes

I feel like the Hawk was asking a rhetorical here. Itā€™s a very good point though and it plagues the fire service in one form or another from LG to Fed.

4 Likes

Itā€™s been trying to cap out for a while and probably will really get with it in the next hour or so.
https://www.alertwildfire.org/region/sierra/?camera=Axis-Deadwood2

5 Likes

History repeats itself as evidenced by many fires over the years that duplicate an earlier or many earlier fire footprints, i.e. Oakland-Berkeley Hills (1923, 1946, 1970, 1991).

The Washburn Fire must be closely watched to be sure it does not duplicate the 1961 Harlow Fire which burned nearby. Attached is the fire progression map for the Harlow Fire which I believe IMT_Geek posted a week or so ago at this website.

HarlowFireBurningProgressMap~July10-12,1961~28jun22.pdf (286.3 KB)

6 Likes