CA-YNP-Washburn?

I dont know if yosemites dozer is committed but stanislaus dozer 51 is also on scene

5 Likes

I’m sure the Electra will be demobing a lot to this shortly.

3 Likes

Depends, has the incident gone to CFAA yet? As of an hour or two ago one our guys was demobed from the Electra to this incident but his orders had to go back to get CFAA approval.

5 Likes

Lots of strike teams leaving Electra today headed home. No reassign.

3 Likes

A lot are state and local on electra mostly fed stuff on washburn

3 Likes

Aware of that, just saying…

2 Likes

Was in general.

1 Like

"I like taters, I like taters too":laughing:

Somebody’s gonna get a smack through the radio :rofl:.

7 Likes

I heard that LOL

4 Likes

Waking up on the cams

4 Likes

Lead plane and AA52 enroute to discuss with ground crews the use of several LATS to try to cool the fire coming out towards the Mariposa Grove. Crews are requesting protection. Copters can not keep it cooled down. AA52 is not in favor of this…

Copter 551 over new start Porcupine Creek, 1/2 acre moderate rate of spread. Repel in the crew.
UPDATE: Found LZ, drop off crew, bucket work, engine responding. Near road. Would be under 1 mile
hike.
EDIT UPDATE @19:20 on Porcupine Fire: 2 engine crews have made it into the fire and lined it along
with copter crew. Calling it contained. Little smoke nor heat left.

11 Likes

hey brothers, so cal fireman here. Any word on local gov requests? Really want to get my WUI on!

6 Likes

Carful what ya ask for….

15 Likes

At this moment, all engine strike team requests have been filled.

5 Likes

This is the 3rd day of a new start off a road or trailhead in the park.

7 Likes

We’re is that tree located? Not Thornberry.

1 Like

A non-mod request to be careful. For those who are new to the site or are not tenured posters, please, please, please be careful. Wildfire Intel is a site with a prolific number of SMEs, intel folks, and firefighters with decades of wildland fire experience. Because this site is known for its credibility, experts, and some techno wizards and developers that boggle brains, folks need to be cautious about throwing out un-vetted suggestions i.e. “it might go to Nevada or Utah in a couple of days,” or jokingly say “just wait, it’s gonna blow through the homes.” Stating something based on conjecture, not based on some significant experience, or just editorializing or idle chatting can have profound affects as others who are new to the site, the monitoring public who live where you are discussing, and/or folks who don’t have the context–see your post here and think it is intel gospel and… Then it goes viral but it’s misinformation.

Unfortunately, those kinds of statements can have some very profound unintended consequences that are unique to this site that is known for and specializes in Wildfire Intel. So, unless someone has multiple model runs, predictions, or considerable experience or intel that support a statement, we all need to be careful about how it might be taken by the public that lurks and monitors, often desperate for intel on the fire. Let’s work together to keep this site focused as an awesome place for great fire related intel and professional discussions.

88 Likes

That road is closed I’m pretty sure.

1 Like

They had some resources up at badger pass from the radio traffic I heard today.

2 Likes

Anyone seen the deadwood camera? Around 1700 or so the column collapsed and it seemed like smoke production slowed? Any guesses why? Inversion maybe ?

2 Likes