CA-YNP-Washburn?

Looks like the column started to shift more towards the West-North West:
https://col.st/Hm3Ai

4 Likes

I hope they listen to AA 52. He knows

2 Likes

Porcupine Fire start;

UPDATE @19:20 on Porcupine Fire: 2 engine crews have made it into the fire and lined it along
with copter crew. Calling it contained. Little smoke nor heat left.

11 Likes

Really no mechanisms in place to induce a column collapse. More than likely it just shifted from the camera view or reduced burning conditions.

4 Likes

Agreed. I thought it looked more sheared/laid over. You can really see the upper elevation winds on it if you compare the ground or 20ft level smoke.

2 Likes

Just looks like a wind shift, and Mother Nature putting the lid on it for the night. Definitely not a collapse. Also by the looks of it the inversion have been stickin around all day unlike the first day where it had tons of lift.

4 Likes

I find it strangely odd that that the only suppression equipment order pending in the system is a single increment T3 engine. A lot of overhead and supply request pending. Maybe they will pull the big handle tomorrow…???..or maybe they got this rapped…

5 Likes

Word was it is backing down to the river, and the map says the other side burned 5 years ago, so will that make it manageable?

3 Likes

Heard from boots on the ground that “they got a plan and the people to do it”

5 Likes

Good to hear…hope the stomp the guts out of it…

8 Likes

Don’t forget to look, at Miami 1&2, closer than Deadwood.

3 Likes

Latest Map - IR

Inciweb Fire Information:

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/8209/

7 Likes

3 Likes

Sounds like there’s a new start in Yosemite valley.

2 Likes
6 Likes

10:30am 7/10/22, Another new fire at Mirror Lake Area, they are seeing if 551 can get in below the smoke to do bucket work. 1 to 2 acres at this time

8 Likes

Inversion is lifting… Requesting fixed wings… 30 minute ETA

6 Likes
6 Likes

There’s 7 type 1 helicopters at Mariposa airport

8 Likes

the guys need a higher hard deck. only go below it for drops.

2 Likes