Cal Fire Emergency Hiring

Supposed ot be state wide and for all single engine stations

Correct, statewide for the single engine houses. They are scrambling to get people. I believe they’ve exhausted the top of the list and will go into the next group.

Hmmm interesting. Maybe not top tier applicants now. Not trying to be offensive but almost will seem like now their will hire anyone to fill the spots.

Possible regional rehire academy I would guess.

1 Like

Where do you recommend fire departments find entry level applicants in this current job market. I’m not being a smart a… I really want to know so I can go give them applications. Lol

1 Like

All departments comprise a list of applicants and place them according to their score from whatever tests or qualifications are required. Just because someone isn’t at the top of a list doesn’t necessarily mean they aren’t a good hire.

1 Like

I can confirm that. I was told I was on the lowest hiring position (#4) and I had received numerous job offers despite being told I did not qualify for a job this year.

This was from an issue with my EMR card versus the PSFR card which could easily be a separate post itself.

Still waiting on a call hopefully I get one . Out of the list of certificate I don’t have my emt or ff1 academy but have the other certificate

Is the other one the Cal Fire Basic? Do you have your Public Safety First Responder as well or any title 22 compliant medical training?

I have the cal fire basic and emr with cpr

My organization posts its openings cajobs as well as FCTC. To be honest, the regional job market is challenging for us to find qualified candidates. We are trying to hire right now and we’re not able to get enough candidates to fill our vacancies.

New requirements as of 2018 is that EMR is no longer accepted. Latest form of medical training is PSFA,(Public Safety First Aid).

That’s what my card first aid card says . I obtained it last year from slu . Sorry I was wrong on the terminology on my recent post

Nice! Start date?

Rehire academy is August 19 just got the call on Thursday .

New hire or rehire academy?

I will be a new hire

2 Likes

Did you have any prior wildland experience?

I been a paid called firefighter for little over two years and I done one fire season with private contractor . But have taken course like cal fire basic and a basic wildland academy

1 Like

Nice! Get any other offers from other units?