CALFIRE FAE/FF2 offers 2023

No I sure haven’t. Neither has anyone else that I know is on the list.

Does anyone know if there hire out of rank 3?

All 3 ranks are reachable for job offers.

2 Likes

Awesome that’s great news, thank you.

To my understanding there should be another Large round of hiring coming in 2023 I was wondering if this forum might have heard the same thing?

Yes, another large round will be happening

1 Like

So far nobody in my unit has gotten any phone calls. I’m in rank 2 and haven’t received anything yet.

My buddy talked to the hiring hotline yesterday and asked about first round calls. Said they were “hoping” to start today 11/29. So possibly hasn’t even started :rofl:

2 Likes

Hahaha yikes, also confirmed that no new offers will start in January, FFA and COA is booked all the way to June, so for anyone hoping they’ll get a phone call and start in January it won’t happen till June

Wonder if they’d still be making calls this early then? How can it be filled up until June, That’s insane!

2 COA start 1/9/23(7 weeks)
2 FFA start 1/9/23 & feed directly into 2 COA 2/27.
The cycle repeats every 7 & 14 weeks till September.

Every class has 48 students. The sheer number if new Chief, FC & FAE positions and the number of job offers that went out in Aug-Oct. This doesn’t suprise me if true.

1 Like

Do you know if they are starting to do the 4 week FFA this year for those that already have the accredited FF1 academy? That should speed things up a little bit. I haven’t had time to look at the training calendar for next year.

**Prop 30 Rejected **

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/the-state-worker/article268162807.html

1 Like

Have heard they are starting 4 week academy’s this year, the first 4 week academy happened earlier this year

2 Likes

So basically they aren’t going ti make any more FAE phone calls like they said they would :joy: why am I not surprised. I was in a unit operator 1A class and a region chief came to talk to use and said there are 1500 FAE jobs state wide open.

There 2 4-Week FFA on the calendar later in the year, July/Aug time frame. There is nothing on the calendar beyond Sept which tells me Sept-Dec will be all 4-Week FFA and 7-Week COA

1 Like

They have had 2 4-Week FFA in 2022.

Does that mean they aren’t going to make any more phone calls this year?

Highly doubt it, there’s lots of engineer spots that need filling

1 Like

This is for CNR ONLY. There are only 39 FAE’S that are placed in upcoming COA and FFA. There are 25 FAE’S On deck for COA/FFA hope this helps.

What’s the max capacity?