Come Hell or High Water

I have some EDG examples and demonstration jotted down in data world insights. I need to tighten this up a little and fill in a few blanks, but, otherwise, it might be useful as a primer or intro to the art of it. At some point, this will get packaged on a blog or something that doesn’t require a sign in to data.world.

Updated June 6 2023: PMS205 and TAK

1 Like
1 Like

Some marked improvement in eastern Oregon. CA’s drought map improved so quickly after Piper, I half-hoped to see that type of improvement in Oregon, sooner. The Colorado River Basin is in serious drought conditions that appear to run a little deeper.

1 Like

A young Navy sailor who was accused of setting fire to the USS Bonhomme Richard was acquitted Friday by a military judge of charges stemming from the July 2020 blaze that burned for several days while the ship was docked at Naval Base San Diego.

Seaman Recruit Ryan Sawyer Mays, 21, had been charged with arson and willful hazarding of a vessel, but he denied any involvement in the fire. The military judge, Capt. Derek Butler, delivered his verdict Friday, one day after hearing closing arguments in May’s court-martial.

Following the verdict, Mays told reporters outside the Naval Base courtroom that he was “thankful” for the judge’s decision.

“I can say that the past two years have been the hardest two years of my entire life as a young man,” Mays said. “I’ve lost time with friends. I’ve lost friends. I’ve lost time with family and my entire Navy career was ruined. I’m looking forward to starting over.”
Military Judge Acquits Sailor Accused of Arson in USS Bonhomme Richard Fire - Times of San Diego (Sep 30, 2022)

1 Like

I thought we were supposed to keep this thread on the topic of rivers, flooding and wildland fire🧐

Thanks. Sorry to have polluted you. This will probably be the conclusion of my participation here. Feel free to follow the technical work, and intel follow-ups, on other forums, if you care to. I hope it won’t be too toxic for readers there.

2 Likes

I have an archive of my activity here. I’m ready for deletion of the topic. Good luck with the solicitors.

Hi ghost…I don’t think there is anything wrong with your post. I took WTS110’s question simply to ask if that particular post belongs in this thread. I like the info you’ve been posting and hope you continue to do so. Stick around, buddy. Thanks

1 Like

Hard work, low pay, miserable conditions, sir. The truth is that I’ve seen more DAT, than wildfire, per se.

I really don’t know where all this fits together. As long as the DAT help is useful to your mission, your welcome to it. If its a crowding issue, then perhaps you don’t need so much DAT. These are plain facts. The pressure seeks relief. That’s up to leadership.

? CA-FED-Pier IC - #28 by Baldy

I have a blue flag there, about reviving 3 year old zombie topics, I have a WTF here, about filing. What do we do?

Tell @Dozer_Keith or @Chaparral. The thread wasn’t closed and the trial was ongoing.

1 Like

I copy. So, I got two things, what happened, and then what; first, I respected the blue flag I got when I went to post on the topic, then, after some clarification, we arrived at a link to the current topic. As to the value of rising that topic, vs linking to a current topic that might have room for it, there is the convenience of threading the archived, and blue flagged. Fair warning, I might go ahead and respect a blue flag again one day, and not thread that content. If that happens, I hope there is no need to stop and sort, but to just tag that link in at convenience. We there yet?

I don’t get why you got the blue flag, my opinion is you should have been fine posting the article there because it was specifically about that incident but it also fits here in your thread. From one Corpmember to another keep up the good work, it is very much appreciated. Hard work, low pay, miserable conditions, and more!..Hard work.

I’m not certain crosslinking back here would be necessary to post that article to that topic in the first place. Nor, that it’s too late to do just that. I’ll grant you there and back again its intel. Not incredibly timely intel. That article was published last year.

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

4 Air Tractor Fire Boss scoopers, a UH60, and an AC90 Turbo Commander on the Hood River. It appears to be training, or qualifications, as I haven’t seen them go off the river in the time I’ve been observing, but it could be a fire.

Tunnel 5 fire.

2 Likes