FF2 offers/calls

I heard they were making calls for that position, but your the only one that has mentioned it. Are they still making calls and what ranks are they down to?

1 Like

Affirm on still making calls and out of rank 3

Copy, thanksā€¦

So they are in rank 4? Or are they still in 3?

Rank 3 stillā€¦

They are in rank 4, buddy of mine got an offer in 4, also heard a rumor of 6 but canā€™t confirm, for sure rank 4 though

Copy. Was it a perm or lt offer and where?

If they are actually in 4 they will be hiring out of 4,5&6.

They really call of 3 ranks at a time. Thought it was just one rank at a time?

The 3 ranks are reachable if they
actually call out of all 3 ranks kinda
depends.

Perm riverside, turned downed due to getting hired with a municipal department, he actually received 2 offers about a month apart and turned them both down

1 Like

Copy. Just wish we knew how it worked so we can better prepare ourselves.

Tell me about it, I even called yesterday asking about the ā€œresumeā€ review and was told itā€™s more based on the STD 678 application and not so much the resume, very confused on why they would even ask for a resume at this point

Yeah so confusing on there instructions at times lol. I called also wanting to know what rank they are calling from and they said they canā€™t comment on it!!

Why would they tell you? Itā€™s all about ā€œsurprise you want a job? Okay be ready to be gone for 7 weeks starting Monday! (When they offer on Friday) lol itā€™s very typical.

3 Likes

So nobody can confirm they are in ranks 4-6?

Awesome. Did you take any offers? What was your rank?

The Resume is CRITICAL. While is says ā€œoptionalā€ I know for a fact a friend lost a spot by 15 points. The AO said all 3 candidates were qualified. The 3rd place 678 had minimal info & no resume. The 2nd place person(friend) had a great 678 but didnā€™t include a resume. The person who got the job had both. Luckily for my buddy, the person who took the job left 6mo later as he got a job with a LG department. Resumes ARE NOT OPTIONAL even through the announcement says otherwise.

As for the rankings, the rule of the top 3 ranks still stands. It is possible to be in a lower rank and have a better written score. So a person with say 5 seasons of experience in rank 3 can have a lower written score than a 1st year seasonal in rank 5 that aced the written test.

Just FYI. I never turned in a resume and received quite a few perm and LT FF2 offers. Take it for whatā€™s its worth. Do they even verify resumes or just give you points based on what you put on it?

2 Likes

My AO explained it to us this way during CPTā€™s.

1. The written score is the single most important part.
  2. The yearā€™s of service with Calfire is 2nd, then comes career credit points that get added after the written is scored.
  3. Following directions/instructions. You would be suprised how many applications were thrown out for not ranking all 21 units, using a number twice on the list, or even not signing the 678 and all required documents.
  4. Resume points. Donā€™t know if they score it it just give points based on providing one.
  5. Other dept experiences

All 5 of those items go towards your List score (IE 85). But if your in say rank 5 with an 85 because it was your 1st season and didnā€™t have 36 months experience, outside experience, or career points, but scored a 90 on the written. Once they get to rank 5. If your score of 90 on written was higher than say a person with a 87 in
rank 3, your getting the call firstā€¦

1 Like