Just a little laugh...

Ok who is this?:joy:

10 Likes

Someone who is not familiar with the relationship of heavy vehicles and soft shoreline ! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

9 Likes

Ha Ha, I love it…Back in the day as a young FAE, if I said "I haven’t buried one, I would be lying.

9 Likes

That’s the last call that I want to get…

Part of my “other duties as assigned”
Cal Fire towing and recovery

12 Likes

Somebody got that call because a dozer showed up, they actually got themselves out before hand.

6 Likes

I actually recovered a crew buggy stuck rear bumper deep in sand at an incident in Cabazon. HFEO hooked a chain to the rear of the buggy and the old water tender in compound low and we just sucked it right out to firm ground and dozer was never used.

3 Likes

An OOC cover engine got to close to the water North Shore San Antonio Lake in the 80s. The operator wouldn’t let the HFEO pull it out backwards, When it was all over took a D6 to get the engine out (backwards as it should have been) and two D6s to get the the first dozer out.

5 Likes

George Setty in Morgan Hill had the Watermelon rule. You got stuck and you had to buy him a watermelon if he pulled you out with 1640. Everyone knew when they saw you walking across the Compound carrying a watermelon that the Sett’ had to pull you out!

9 Likes

When I worked off-road enforcement I was issued a Ford Bronco 4x4 with a winch and recovery gear. I used to charge my beat partners lunch to pull their patrol cars out of places they shouldn’t have been. Had a really nice couple weeks after a heavy rainfall with almost daily free lunches.

9 Likes

Puled out the Div. Chief with my old model 5. As he was getting back in I was taking a picture. He said “your not gonna tell anyone about this are you” Too late I said, already sent 2 picts to my boss. I bump into him now and then. Its still a topic of conversation. Gotta have fun.

4 Likes

That happens more than you think. Usually we’ll show up, jump in the cab (sometimes engage the 4x4) and just drive it out. Especially when we get the new guys that don’t have as much off road experience!

Edit: That usually only happens one time and they seem to learn fairly quickly after that!

6 Likes

It’s very important to have a code word you can use over the radio to ask your buddy to bring you out a chain and a pull.

5 Likes

Forward progress is temporarily halted

9 Likes

Try as they might they never could get me to say the S word

6 Likes

Technical difficulties

6 Likes

For advisement I am temporarily detained…you are never “stuck”.

7 Likes

I have become temporarily adhered to a sub-standard road base

6 Likes

My ambulance went out of service due to terrain. Dispatch said “you mean your stuck?” Yup, He just couldn’t keep his mouth shut!

5 Likes

“Out of service mechanical” always worked

6 Likes

Thank you all for the chuckles!!

5 Likes