NV-HTF-Tamarack???

ICP was Douglas High School as of a few hours ago

Ah Geez, what difference does it make folks? It’s NV-HTF. Case closed.

10 Likes

Camp is at Douglas HS…not much here yet, fuel off site…outdoor sleeping…0600 brief…

Hope they turned off the sprinklers on the field…

16 Likes

If not, try setting the garbage cans over the sprinklers. You may need to turn the cans upside down to cover the sprinkler head. All this assumes there are garbage cans. There is a reason this idea comes so quickly to my mind.

14 Likes

Used to do that a Prado Camp to avoid the 0230 sprinkler run.

5 Likes

I was on that fire also, and remember the AAR was a very in depth review. I suspect this Incident will receive the same scrutiny.

And to further confuse people, I believe there’s some of the KNF (25k ac?) in Oregon (Jackson Co.).

Crazy that all you Russell’s have the free time to create an entire forum / pissing match to argue over the name of a fire.

18 Likes

Being at PL5 and Staffing Pattern C, you would think that everyone that can fight fire would be out fighting fire, not watching this page like a bunch of retired folks like we are! Lots of experience sits in here and I too am surprised that people question that experience when answers are given. You may not like something that is said here, but “ it is just the way it is”.

25 Likes

From one retired fart to another, amen brother

15 Likes

The Sacramento County OES Type 1 Strike Team got some good TV coverage as they formed up

I’ll second that amen! This space mirror’s society currently where the old timers with history and knowledge are frowned upon by the young pups who are full of vinegar but know very little. A word to the wise to the young pups, ears open, mouth’s closed! You’ll learn more and just might save yourself or other’s when the stuff hits the fan.

21 Likes

I know that guy

4 Likes

Does anyone have a link for the branch and div. maps?
thanks…

2 Likes

Everything I’ve learned has been from listening to war stories and asking questions to old Captains, Supts and Chiefs like my father. With that said, I have a slide show too. Round table is always good but I agree…listen to the ol’ boots who have great lessons learned. I wish we would take more AD in OP’s on teams. Great local factors knowledge!

4 Likes

I cried… Don’t judge me…

3 Likes

Flightradar24 is showing no aircraft over the fire.

I have seen N7095B near the Henry, but it keeps disapearing. Nothing else here on the STF. But I hear planes and Heli flying over. Is there a proplem with flight radar?

Flightradar tends to loose track of aircraft when they’re at a lower altitude behind mountains, unless the aircraft icon is blue then it is being tracked by GPS.

3 Likes