NV-HTF-Tamarack???

The HTF has Direct Protection from just s/o Doyle, CA to approximately a little south of Bridgeport, CA. Everything south of that belongs to INF or CDD, all the way to Ridgecrest.

1 Like

Oh yeah I forgot about the northern end and I meant Bridgeport. I stand corrected!

1 Like

I have to disagree with the NV designation. This is a California incident that is managed by the Great Basin GACC. It is not a Nevada incident. The correct designator should be CA-HTF-Tamarack. The Great Basin manages fires in several states and they donā€™t list them all as NV. Additionally, listing it as a NV incident disrupts good situational awareness as many people donā€™t follow incidents in the state of Nevada.

6 Likes

The official destination is NV-HTF-030419

11 Likes

All your DPA questions are answered here

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=f62c0156e48047f59791293aa794b0f3

3 Likes

CA-HTF is not a valid unit identifier:
https://wfmi.nifc.gov/unit_id/Publish.html

The fire is in California, but it is a GBCC incident. When it shows up in IQCS or anything connected to IRWIN, the unit ID will be NV-HTF.

4 Likes

OVD is in there too, mixed in with both INF and HTF. And donā€™t forget the SRA that is BLM OVD DPA where the first in engine is an NV-HTF resource stationed in CA.

3 Likes

MOD-NOTE

Again Folks, this comes up every year with this area. The fire is physically inside CA but HTF is the UOP. On this site whomever is the UOP is the GACC the fire gets put into. It really shouldnā€™t bother everybody so much. The fire will remain in Nevada or Great Basin. It was also stated above, some of the INF goes into Nevada. Itā€™s just the way it is.

27 Likes

Real simple folks. Learn the administrative boundaries, or you wonā€™t be getting your paycheck when you write down CA-HTF-030419 on your paperwork. :nerd_face:

Nobody on the Nevada side of the forum cried when we stole their thunder sending California State Birds practically to Black Rock Desert a few weeks ago, and talked about it on the CA side of the forum.

21 Likes

ICP is at Douglas High School
1670 Hwy 88
Minden, NV 89423

4 Likes

I donā€™t care where and whoā€™s it is PUT IT OUTā€¦then sit at the round table and hash out the bill later.

12 Likes

ICP was Douglas High School as of a few hours ago

Ah Geez, what difference does it make folks? Itā€™s NV-HTF. Case closed.

10 Likes

Camp is at Douglas HSā€¦not much here yet, fuel off siteā€¦outdoor sleepingā€¦0600 briefā€¦

Hope they turned off the sprinklers on the fieldā€¦

16 Likes

If not, try setting the garbage cans over the sprinklers. You may need to turn the cans upside down to cover the sprinkler head. All this assumes there are garbage cans. There is a reason this idea comes so quickly to my mind.

14 Likes

Used to do that a Prado Camp to avoid the 0230 sprinkler run.

5 Likes

I was on that fire also, and remember the AAR was a very in depth review. I suspect this Incident will receive the same scrutiny.

And to further confuse people, I believe thereā€™s some of the KNF (25k ac?) in Oregon (Jackson Co.).

Crazy that all you Russellā€™s have the free time to create an entire forum / pissing match to argue over the name of a fire.

18 Likes