NV-HTF-Tamarack???

Looking angry from Vallecito

Todd’s live just outside of Markleeville - very impressive video

564FIRE (@564FIREPhoto) / Twitter

5 Likes

Looking at the Hawkins Peak cam, spotting well ahead of itself

http://beta.alertwildfire.org/region/tahoe/?camera=Axis-HawkinsPeak

1 Like

There is already talk of swapping GB Team 3 with a Type 1 team due to the fire activity.

3 Likes

Would anyone have the Command net available?

Looks like a few orders for Type 1 strike teams went out for this fire. One filled in region 3, one headed to region 4 and one to the PNF Op area.

2 Likes

PNF op area? Do you mean one of the county OP Areas that happen to have PNF land in them, like Sierra or Plumas Counties/OP Areas?

It just said PNF but wondering if it’s taking a type 1 from the Beckworth maybe? Not even sure if there were type 1’s on the beckworth. I was a little confused too by it saying PNF.

1 Like

OK, could be a reassignment. Pretty sure some Type 1s…OES engines, went to Beckwourth.

2 Likes

OES Region 3 Type 1 Strike Team reassigned to the Tamarack from the Beckworth.

4 Likes

anyone know the Comm’s Plan and location of ICP?

Is it still in monitor status?

13 Likes

No it’s not.

2 Likes

wildland_jake ICP is going to be at the Douglas County High School

2 Likes

It is within the boundary of the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest which is a Nevada based agency. The Sierra Front Fire group covers the eats side of the Sierra’s in that area.

2 Likes

Funny how that is explained every time there is a fire in HTF and folks still don’t believe it. People aren’t here to deceive you and it is just the way it is. East side of the Sierras from south of Tahoe to about Ridgecrest is HTF, whether CA or NV is Region 4, my friends. It’s just the way it is.

17 Likes

You kinda forgot the Inyo NF

5 Likes

I thought the INF was Region 5.

3 Likes

It is R5 but covers much of what you just described, All of the Eastern Sierra down to Ridgecrest

1 Like

And to add further confusion, lets remember the Inyo has some Nevada area, just to make it completely confusing

5 Likes