NV-HTF-Tamarack???

That is the view from Hangmans Bridge looking back towards Poor Boy/Markleeville Peak.

Yes, I got a screenshot from Matthew Hendersonā€™s live streaming.

1 Like

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1110314326160858&id=100044612349957

1 Like

As per Matthew Henderson, winds have dropped significantly and inversion layer has arrived. Fire has not reached Markleeville yet.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure CalFire will be keeping a close eye on this fire. There is a tremendous amount of SRA (Fed DPA) in the Markleeville area.

2 Likes

any word on the town?

1 Like

Looking to confirm, evacuations of Markleeville and the surrounding areas such as Grover Hot Springs Campground? Have a large family camping trip tomorrow, want to make sure before I pull the trigger and cancel the trip. Thanks!

89 is Closed from the intersection of 88 to 395 so if you were planning to camp anywhere in that area, you are not getting there, so yes, it would be advisable to cancel your trip

4 Likes

Morcpt102, yes, all of Markleeville and surrounding areas such as Grover Hot Springs are under mandatory Evac. Hwy 89 is closed at Turtle Rock Park (if not at 88/89), and you cant go the back way as they have closed it at monitor junction also. I really dont see those evacs changing for at least a couple of days. Sorry about your trip.

And I live right next door, and was helping evac people last night, so promise itā€™s good intel

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the info, I really appreciate it!

Thank you sir

https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=df8bcc10430f48878b01c96e907a1fc3

1 Like

Found this video posted this morning

3 Likes

Anyone have a scanner link for the Tamarack

HTF freqs arenā€™t on any scanner app. You can hear some stuff on Alpine County S.O./Fire but not much

Copy thank you

Is this moving towards Hope Valley/ Wylder resort?

Yes and no moving towards Hope Valley. It would need to turn about 45 degrees to the west to get there. More towards woodfords right now

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Go to RadioReference.com. The steps I took are as follows: Click on Database then Frequency Database. Highlight California look at bottom right corner for California Areawide Frequencies. Scroll down to USFS and then to HTF. Unsure if they are using any of them and I live to far away to receive them anyway. Hope this helpsā€¦

2 Likes