NV-HTF-Tamarack???

Looks like a Type 2 Team is on order for this fire now.

1 Like

http://tiledisplay.alertwildfire.org/?urlcamset=Axis-BigHill&urlcamset=Axis-HawkinsPeak&urlcamset=Axis-Emerald&urlcamset=Axis-Leek&urlcamset=Axis-Sierra&urlcamset=Axis-SnowValley&urlcamset=Axis-NorthMok&urlcamset=Axis-BaldNV&urlselectedviewing=true&urlregions=tahoe&urlregions=sierra&urlregions=blmnv

1 Like

this deathride weekend in markleeville. the entire area is jammed with bicyclists and campers. evacuations are a logistical nightmare.

4 Likes

The past 10 minutes it is starting to cap out

2 Likes

I think it is…
http://www.alertwildfire.org/tahoe/index.html?camera=Axis-BigHill&v=fd40729

1 Like

Just returned from helping people evac in Markleeville. Alpine county S.O. evacuating the town, and trying to get all of the 1000s of death ride people out of there. Fire is burning through green meadows, and impacting structures top of Markleeville town

4 Likes

According to the local newspaper 500 acres, 1/4 mile from the town of Markleeville.

1 Like

Oh no! I have seen a couple private planes on Flightradar24 take off into the smoke cloud.
Probably a bit too exciting of an experience.
FWIW, looks like the fire has stayed south of the hot springs tract so far.
Spots fires are popping up close to, from what I can determine, around pleasant valley road neighborhood.

3 Likes

What is monitoring status? Does that mean it was left to burn for the last 12 days and now it’s threatening homes? I don’t understand that…

8 Likes

Bomber3005 Basically, yes.
And I agree firedog1,
But someone please start a new thread for
“monitoring fires” to discuss further.

7 Likes

Yes please. Keep this for the fire. And if someone is up to it, please start an IA.

2 Likes

Here’s an Idea…we don’t someone monitor the near by ranger units to the west and ask for help. Less than two hours away!

6 Likes

Smoke showing from Sacramento

4 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

Is it safe to assume the Sierra Front is going to get this one?

3 Likes

So the title says Nevada but that is clearly in California

1 Like

It burned right out of the Sierra at Tahoe camera view. Too much for the camera operator to keep up with.

1 Like

Bomber-

Although the fire is burning in California, the boundaries of Region 5 go outside and is being ran as a Nevada incident. We will keep this in the Great Basin thread.

Thank you

8 Likes

Great Basin Team 3, Type 2 has been mobilized for this

5 Likes