OR-ODF-Almeda Drive

Copy that.

Have been for over an hour.
With the fire running along the highway their options changed a couple times.
And the communications haven’t been easy either, so conflicting orders have been given in different places.

Edit* I hope this didn’t come across as an insult.
Previous post I lauded their calm demeanor, concentration and commitment in an unimaginable situation.

All understandable in a situation like this.

1 Like

I agree. None of us are there.

1 Like

Live video of the fire running through town

1 Like

Sounds like its slowing and turning west in all the development along the 99 corridor. i’m getting calls from people in Phoenix who dont have an evac direction. Any info on that? It looks like they might be able to hold if this is well north/west of downtown phoenix.

Heard about spots by highway 99 and the RR tracks. On live feed it Looks like spot fires up near Voorhies/stage road near the RR tracks.
Main fire still burning through MHPs in north Phoenix.
17:45- “Wind is still pushing W to NW, with stronger gusts than before”

1 Like

Lots of issues. New start in Eagle Point over 2,000 acres.

All of Shady Cove and parts of Eagle Point under Level 2

Hotel webcam (ABC) https://kobi5.com/news/fire-in-ashland-triggers-evacuations-136194/ now showing entire residential neighborhoods South of Medford on fire visible as nightfall comes. Level 1 evacuation notice issued for the entire Medford metro area. Potential for 230,000+ resident evacuees.

Just to be clear, all of Jackson County is at level 1 which the lowest level (of 3), basically pack your bags and listen up

Stunning satellite loop of smoke plumes contrasted against this evening’s setting-sun shadows getting pulled into short-wave weather trough moving South along the Pacific Coast. Clearly shows vast and historic impact of fires in Oregon and Northern California. https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedStorm/status/1303511604466610176

2 Likes

Level 3 Mandatory Evacuation Order just issued well into populous Medford City limits. Now North to Barnett Ave. This zone is now up to where Asante Rouge Regional Medical Center is located.

Sounds like it burning through the large mobile home parks on the south side of I5 near Phoenix rd. Looking at google maps a 10 sec guess is there is at least 1000 mobile homes in there, heard the radio state they’ve pulling back and looking for another place to make a stand.

Charles Pointe Apartment community under active evacuation. This is a massive multi-building multi-story complex with 1000’s of residents in one location. ABC-TV (Hotel rooftop) webcam showing flames rapidly advancing unimpeded into this area.

Level 3 (Go Now) evacuations are issued for the area south of Stewart Avenue, with the West boarder being Dark Hollow Road, and I-5 being the East boarder.

At the rate it’s moving, looks to hit the core urbanized area of Medford within the hour. About the only bright spot is there is a large commercial area/concrete (Walmart and such) that should slow it down. Does anyone know what those ag field are (irrigated)?

1 Like

They are in a heap of trouble.

Goto “https://www.facebook.com/kobitv/videos/765925304203162/

I’m guessing the camera is located on the top of Rogue Valley Manor

They are panning the camera around to capture the scope and scale of the fires. It’s breathtaking to see this marching through the neighborhoods at will like this. It appears Downtown Medford is all but inevitable to be next as it’s only about 1 mile away and the wind still appears to be strong.

Is this an ODF or a Federal incident?