OR-ODF-Almeda Drive

“Fire has crossed the highway to the east near Palm Harbor Village. Fire establishing on the hillside”
I’m assuming I-5 is the highway she was referencing.

From scanner traffic, it appears all coordination and requests are routing through ODF which has just now suspended air operations for the night.

It was the I-5

This incident appears to be transforming into an urban conflagration on an enormous scale. Almost entirely a rescue and evacuation operation from the very beginning. The image below is of densely built neighborhoods on fire just South of Downtown Medford.

1 Like

And the feed just shut off!!! WTH

1 Like

I’m not a FB person so not sure how it works but here’s the new feed.

https://www.facebook.com/kobitv/videos/2790437481191592/

It always looks worse at night, except tonight won’t look better in the day.

2 Likes

The KOBI5-ABC video feed went offline a few hours ago as well. It ‘may’ re-establish unless power has been cut in the area. We shall see.

There was talk on the scanner about cutting off power, due the large amount of lines down.

Maybe it’s mine but the video looks current but I’m getting like 3 feeds of the same audio

Some talk of a large spot well behind of the head of the main fire requiring ‘a lot’ of resources to pick up. Glendower/York, Ashland. 1.5 acres wind driven. Appears deep within residential development.

Super confusing chatter.
I thought I heard “on Table Rock road going to need some more recourses”
Table Rock road by Medford Railroad park?

Table rock needs resources ASAP is what I heard. Reply was we are stripped but I will find something for you

Yep. Sounds like it’s in the green belt behind the structures on Table Rock rd.

Table Rock Road x 1-5 - That is way NORTH of Downtown Medford. The wind is spotting this thing all over the place. Reports of 30 ft. high flame lengths in high winds. They’re advising they just cannot get this.

1 Like

Most everything is not watered this year with the drought and cut back from commercial hemp productions. Many fields are all dead grass, and orchards that have been cut down due to disease. Some plots are watered, most are minimal with dead fines. The whole valley is a checkerboard of receptive fuel and residential neighborhoods. On year 32 here, second year on the keyboard sidelines. Winds are kicking back up again here in Ashland .

1 Like

30 foot flame lengths along the I5, Requesting more resources.

30’ flame lengths on the freeway NB. Fire is spotting into the center divide. IC requested that I-5 NB be closed at the 30

1 Like

Yeah. He just said “moving north toward central point”. :flushed::man_facepalming:t3:

Really taking off. Already north of the green belt and hitting I-5. And backing up to Midway road.
Holy Crap! “I gotta go get people out of MY house, this thing is throwing embers into my neighborhood”

2 Likes

Thanks. I live an hour away. Just painful to see.

1 Like

Toned out structure fire for Cascade Christian High School. Medford. Sounds like the devices inside the buildings are picking up impact of the Table Rock Rd. x 1-5 fire. UPDATE: Unit on scene reporting school not on fire. Appears auto-dispatch on smoker acts.