TAK Information-

ATAK 4.6 now has the center target of the AWF cameras visible. You still have to grab the direction off the camera and hand jam it. Hoping we get the API soon for a live Field of view.

To get it set up like this set the FOV to zero

2 Likes

Watched this video on the Yarnell Hill Fire entrapment again with my students and its the reason I am so passionate about TAK as a solution. Technology will not save us in totality. Our training and ROEs (10s & 18s, LCES etc) are what should be keeping us from these tragedies but we know we cant control all human factors and if we can agree on anything it is mistakes are going to happen. As I watch the video hearing all of these questions the incident personnel had about locations of crews in relation to fire just pains me. If only there was a way we could see each other on a map…

10 Likes

Here is an article from the air force mag on ATAK. Im still a captain lol but you know how interviews go with journalists. You say SA they write “assay”.

3 Likes

This forum is an interesting resource for ATAK. Is it just one continual page or are there other pages?

This is it. Dedicated to wildfire use of the application.

1 Like

Getting some more questions about how to onboard into ATAK.

Finally made this video. Nothing special but should help.

Data sources can be found that I mention in this video at maps.takserver.us

4 Likes

I posted some new data packages at maps.takserver.us.
CAL-FIRE UNITS
CA-COUNTIES
There is an existing one for DPA.

1 Like

If you need a reminder on how to import a data package I have this video on my youtube channel. Sorry this video is the old UI (will have to make a new one) but its still very applicable. Have other videos on there on how to use the tools as well and training ppts at https://maps.takserver.us enjoy

3 Likes

Cool to see CIIMT-1 using TAK a little in Alaska on the Minto.

5 Likes

Awesome — I keep getting KRN PulsePoint alerts for AK incidents and it’s cool to see ATAK gettin’ some use up there!

1 Like

Speaking of pulsepoint we are pushing our pulsepoint feed into our TAKServer. Its a cool layer to have in ATAK-iTAK.

5 Likes

Here is a video of whats to come in the latest 4.7 release for TAK.

Sorry yall, thought because it was on the landing page it was public. working on it.

you have to log into tak.gov to watch it.

1 Like

So I am trying to learn iTAC and import a tac server, where might I find a test server? The reddit thread is not working for me, and I’m trying to figure out if it’s operator error or their stuff…

I believe the reddit group has a free tak server set up to import and try. You can also set up your own tak server using freetakserver on digital ocean.

1 Like

@Aspp here is the link to the google drive for certificate to join the reddit free tak server.

Down load the file then import into atak or iTAK.

If you do hop on the FTS public server remember your position is shared with those on that same server. You can always just turn off your gps.

Hey @moderators maybe wildfireintel.org can host a TAK SERVER?

But seriously you really dont need to be in a server to use a lot of the tools.

1 Like

I am fairly sure it’s an operator error on my part, I have the file downloaded, select “upload server package” select the packet, and nothing happens.

So, thinking I messed up, I added it under packages, it shows its line but the bubble is hollow and I have nothing inside the package to turn on. It acting like an empty file. Now I’m good and confused lol

@Aspp try this: instead of doing the add server way. Add it as a data package. I will give it a try on my iphone. Another thing set your expectations for what iTAK is capable of.

So tried with iTAK and no joy. I talked to the guy who runs it and he is going to put in a cert that works with iTAK. The one posted was pre iTAK. I will let you know when its uploaded.

For anyone wanting to run their own tak server the free version could be run on digital ocean for 20 bucks a month.