Team Assignments

Just thought I’d add a visual piece to this topic. Shot at a pullout on I-5, overlooking
the KNF’s Lime Fire in Siskiyou County Saturday afternoon. Team members doing some scouting before actual takeover of the fire. No dog in this fight, just an illustration. I’m sure they are happy
to be here, and the Klamath is happy to have them.

6 Likes

Does anybody know where you can see the IAP’s. Last year there was a website for almost all teams?
Example. https://calfire.app.box.com/v/calfireimt1

I don’t think you can for Fed fires. They don’t post them due to private info.

My mistake. I was speaking about CalFIRE IMT’s.

2 Likes

I think, Team 10 does not like to drive long distance :rofl: and turn down the assignment or could not fill because lacking key positions on their roster. But then again why could they not pull those positions from other teams like they did for the IC on Team 12 to Team 15?

Team 10 voluntarily turned down the assignment because the other team was closer and there was a possibility of a new team request up north so the scenario of two teams passing in the night was trying to be avoided.

The question now is why are they showing the team change-over on the Walker if the current m/o is to bring type 2’s up to type 1’s. IMHO the type 2 team IC should still be shown as in command.

So, it seems, the new system still is in need of tweaking…

I was wondering the same thing in regards to the Walker. Are both teams still there?

Last I heard…

1 Like

Then why have a regional rotation?

2 Likes

Got me on that one.

Seemed fine the way it was …

Too many members…not just Team 10, have taken other positions since they weren’t on call. But now that the Teams came up on 2/8/24 call, they can’t fill the Teams.

Heard that Team 14 demobed this morning from the Walker Fire

NOPS orders the type 1 team that goes off rotation and to the bottom of the list at midnight tonight to stage in Sac for the wind event, while the team rightfully on top of the rotation at midnight for the next 7 days is no longer on top.

Why not wait and get the right team staged for the week.

Then FS decision makers wonder why IMT participation is dwindling?

1 Like

There is no longer a regional rotation. As of this year it’s now a statewide rotation. No longer regional. This was to have a more consistent rotation and the ability for teams to plan to have their members available.

There’s been other times when a team is hours away from going off rotation but the request came in while they were still on rotation, so they got the call…even if the reporting time was the day after they go off rotation. I guess it makes sense because where else would you draw the line for when a team can no longer get pulled in for a fire? If that was the case then teams wouldnt truly be on call until midnight.

1 Like

Type 1 teams have had a statewide (aka a regional) rotation since maybe like the 1980’s.

It’s type 2 teams that went to a statewide (aka a regional) rotation this year.

CF Team 5 is on hard cover now

4 or 5? this is team 4s call week

Team 4 is prepositioning in the Sac area so Team 5 is now on hard cover.

1 Like

Sounds a little personal, If the decision makers needed to factor in the rotation schedule, I’m sure there would be a lot more disappointment.