Where do you feel the NOPS / SOPS GACC divide be?

What really matters is safety and making the case to Congress, I think. And this cat. This cat also matters. He says, “Hello.”

1 Like

You left out Amador county

3 Likes

State of Jefferson or not? Just ask. If they say “hella” yes -North if they say “hell” no - South. Then there is your dividing line. Or simply ask “dodgers or giants?” there is your line. … or finally… who takes all the water? Theres your line

4 Likes

2 Likes

Holy mother of Pearl. Is it that slow that this thread now has over 40 comments?

The news, is there the gather eye-balls for advertising to pay the bills. Santa Barbara to LA to Kern County to the Mexican Border is considered So Cal. North to about Monterey, the Stanislaus is Central CA. North of there is Canada​:grin:. Everything east of the Sierra Crest north of Kern County to Reno is considered the Eastern Sierra. To make this even less confusing than it already is. The San Bernardino Unit of Calfire has the responsibilities of the larger land mass in California. To include Los Angeles County (including Catalina Island), San Bernardino, Inyo & Mono counties, but Kern County. As they are administered by Tulare Unit. Having to deal with the Inyo, Humboldt-Toiyabe, San Bernardino, Angeles, and Los Padres Forest. That all touch the SRA. Or better yet, have state lands that are covered by FRA DPA :flushed:

3 Likes

Lets see if we can beat this dead horse with another Forty! As long of the ground troops and air force show up, I really don’t care if it’s North or South Ops. Green or Red or Blue just send it and put it out. Bills always seemed to get hashed out in the wintertime.

4 Likes

I think the answer is tacos. SouthOps is all about tacos. NorthOps eats burritos, and the Central Coast is where the fortunate finish their careers, with sushi, good steaks, and fine red wine. The Eastern Sierra, sadly lacks all of these luxuries, and you’re stuck with second-rate microbrews and stale sourdough from Schatt’s Bakery that people tell you is a real delicacy.

23 Likes

As always I appreciate your insight pyro. And we’d prefer it if that’s what people believed about the eastern Sierra. We’re already inundated with yuppies and vacationers driving up the housing prices to ridiculous levels. Anyways, we prefer to think of ourselves as region 4.5

6 Likes

I’m in south ops and I like burritos. Don’t assume my food tastes bro :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

One of the other reasons to move AEU into NOPS was to put the Lake Tahoe Basin into one operational area

4 Likes

One of the main reasons.

1 Like

So we should just make the divide north fork then.

8 Likes

Let’s see if we can complicate it just a little more Why are North Ops and South Ops web pages so different. Why not Standardize format?

4 Likes

In 2015, while assigned to the AEU-Butte Fire, a small group of us crossed the Mokelumne in a rowboat at Roaring Camp. I think we effectively crossed from NOPS to SOPS that night. The mission was Recon. Fire was hung in the North Fork. Watched Mother Nature do her thing; with rollout that turned into “spikes” and burned under the inversion all night. Definitely a memorable night.

#Charlie_made_me_do_it

4 Likes

Try getting yourself reassigned from a SOPS State fire to a NOPS Fed fire, now there’s a day in your life you’ll never get back
:woman_juggling::woman_juggling::woman_juggling:

5 Likes

LMAO!!! YOU AINT KIDDING!!

3 Likes

Worse yet being an Air Attack returning from one incident and spotting a new fire outside the GACC. Then respond to make a size up and take action. Then being caught in the middle with the :scream_cat:conflicting Requests and Order #

6 Likes