Who wants to go to Canada?

They wont be assigned a fire until they arrive and do a general in country briefing, then a fire or complex of fires will be assigned.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Round 3 mobs to Canada getting put together now. A lot of stuff getting ordered, including IMTs. Reports say we will likely see a round 4 of mobs, maybe 5.

3 Likes

The IMT requests are going to be filled as “add hoc” Teams since AD’s, Local Government, and Tribal team members are not going to be allowed, none of the Federal Teams can muster enough people. All the Type 1 and 2 Teams are being polled to see who is able to assist. I think they are trying to field 2 Teams this round.

3 Likes

Is there a Canadian equivalent to this site? I have a few friends who live in the Fort St. John BC area and I would like to read about what’s going on from boots on the ground. (I’ve found a couple government sites but nothing “play-by-play” like we have here.)

TIA

1 Like

Good info: https://twitter.com/hashtag/ABfire?src=hashtag_click&f=live

Goes 18: RAMMB/CIRA SLIDER: Satellite Loop Interactive Data Explorer in Real-time with GOES-16 and Himawari-8 Satellite Imagery

3 Likes

What is the reason for no ADs or LG?

2 Likes

Canadian Wildland Fire Information System

3 Likes

I am not sure. It also happen with deployments to Australia. I am guess it has to do with the language in these international agreements

5 Likes

5-20-2023 1400 PT
Air Spray Gulfstream 695B Bird Dog and two Avro RJ85 fire bombers at Eagle Lake in BC, east of highway 95. I might be reading this funny, but , uh, ASB62 might, actually, be an AC95 Jetprop Commander, but, uh, you know, uh, ADS-B, eh?

I really think its a Jetprop Commander…

2 Likes

Yep, it’s a 695a according to air spray.

2 Likes

Any updates available on mobs to Canada?

2 Likes

There has been a 3rd request for a four more crews and overhead that are being shopped right now. A 4th request for overhead and IMTs may come as early as today.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Cali is trying to put together an all fed, non-AD IMT which is not easy to accomplish. Still short on filling all of the positions. It’s a good day to thank a local government or AD IMT member for what they do for us in California. The system would implode without them.

16 Likes

Take this to another level. How many of the federal or even CF IMT’s will be able to .eet the requirements of the upcoming CIM IMT’S with the exclusion of AD or LG?

7 Likes
4 Likes

The Donnie creek fire is 412,000 acres.

3 Likes
1 Like

Northwest territories, Alberta, BC, and Quebec.

2 Likes