66 Hour Work Week

Your first 2 sentences are counterintuitive. The board is weak if they have to reach out to the international. There is zero reason to reach out to the international for negotiation assistance unless you are at impass. I find it interesting that there has been nothing praising 2881 from the international in reducing the work week. It is a pretty big deal for a local our size to “get closer” to the industry standard. Makes one wonder why Frank, a CA guy, has made little mention of tremendous work our leadership has done. Again, they don’t work for you or me but they work for our families. I know my kids don’t care how much I make, they just want food on the table and more days at home. I’d rather stay at work for a 72 then to stand in line at the grocery store hoping there’s more money then days left in month

1 Like

3.0 factor

1 Like

3 humans per funded seat. I think that’s how we agreed to describe it :rofl:

2 Likes

3-0 or 4-0 for how many people sitting on the engine. The staffing factor for all new programs has been 3.1, I hope that is the staffing factor going forward.

2 Likes

Great point about the Podcast. Same goes for our Director’s game show style podcast.

2 Likes

It has been communicated very clearly what 2881 position is on the medical stipend.

They negotiated for the sunset date. It’s a mute point

2 Likes

Really? Did you read it? That’s not 2881s position. A sunset date was not “negotiated”.

So you’re telling me that the state snuck the sunset date when “we” were at the table negotiating our recently expired contract? It was pretty clearwhen the membership was presented this contract that it would sunset. To think that the board “was suprised” to learn it sunseted is false. Tim personally initialed every page with blue ink to prevent either side from saying “that’s not what we agreed to” the letter from Peter is just a formal process that was set in place 16 months ago. Won’t change a thing. What’s your math on a “raise” to get where we were 11 days ago?

4 Likes

Did you read the letter for Messing Adam & Jasmine?

I sure did
Which side has the financial leverage at this point?

Don’t forget Messing and Associates was at the bargaining table when this was negotiated & signed.

Why was it allowed to remain then when the attorneys negotiated it if it wss illegal then?

That’s the question to be answered HONESTLY if it’s illegal as the letter stated.

Answer Hint EVERY OTHER BARGAINING UNIT HAD TO AGREE TO THE SAME THING.

The bottom line, L2881 cared more about the 66hr part and future members than it did about the current members and the potential negative financial impact it would have.

“Desperate people, make ill-advised, desperate decisions”

7 Likes

Bro… you need a vacation

1 Like

Done deal. The topic will be closed to let all cool off and evaluated to reopen. Mods don’t have time to babysit hostilities and name calling.

Feel free to PM each other with discussion points for clarification.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 18 hours.

So anyways, there I was… wondering what Marin works.

6 Likes

2881 has a virtual town hall scheduled for July 25th. Unfortunately Tim will be discussing pre submitted question, so I doubt there will be an avenue to follow up questions. Let’s hope he will address all of our questions and concerns, and put the membership at ease.

3 Likes

A little disappointed in this site. I know the public reads it, but I am also sure this is a public site. I didn’t see any name calling, lots of frustration and airing of concerns yes, but last I saw we as employees have a right to voice concerns that are very real, especially when we get zero to minimal information on a huge change in our Department. We have no means other than phone calls and station coffee-table discussions where we all can validate….or invalidate concerns. This might just be the only site where members can hear thoughts, concerns, ideas that span the Oregon, Mexico, Arizona, Nevada borders. We’re spread out and having a forum to address those concerns is vital. Maybe that’s an idea for Labor to bring up or we as employees create forums that are just password protected to better share consensus about a subject.

We’ll see if this gets me blocked.

7 Likes

You are fine man, I think some of the more serious stuff gets deleted before people get carried away. The way thing were going was getting off track. This definitely is healthy discussion otherwise.

4 Likes

After having spent 25 years as a member of the L2881 Negotiating Team, you just have to love the bomb throwers, the few of you have always been there with all of the knowledge in the world as to what is happening at the table, in the Capitol and every other pressure point L2881 can utilize to increase wages hours and benefits for the Bargaining Unit 8 members.

The process is covered by agreed to ground rules which are found in MOU section 16.5 as ratified by the membership and are reaffirmed at the beginning of each new contract negotiations. L2881 has never bargained in the public, only at impasse or ratification can L2881 go to the membership.

The Negotiation team wears the weight of the process every day and the potential effects of the final product on the members. It is not a comfortable seat to sit in, it can affect their career and their personal lives!!

Many of you probably don’t know that in our on going attempts to achieve the 56, in 2006 we were offered a 56 by Governor Schwarzenegger, but it came with no offer to replace the loss of compensation. We countered with several models to go to the 56 with no loss in compensation. Unfortunately, the State was not willing to go there and the offer went away. You’re at a far better starting point based on the current contract and state budget on your path to the 56 with the 66 starting point.

Both sides will eventually agree on a new contract, we were at the table for 5 years avoiding takeaways with past administrations for a new contract.

Eventually the deal will be agreed to and you will have all of the facts and figures to base your decision on. Hopefully you are a member of L2881 because if you’re not, frankly, your opinion doesn’t count, you don’t get to vote and those that are members will get to determine your future!!

By the way, the 1500 section of the L2881 operating Procedures is found on the member side of the L2881 Website containing all of those past resolutions and directions to the negotiating team. Yes they are all on the table each and every new contract negotiation!!

Yes, the IAFF and CPF are lock -step and engaged with L2881 in the process where and when it’s appropriate, I can guarantee that!!

It is the time to support your L2881 Leadership and Negotiation Team as they fight to get you what you rightfully deserve!! It’s not an easy fight, it’s a big hill to climb with many challenges ahead!!

Think about it, The other side always likes the nay-sayers out there as it makes the L2881 side of the fight a harder hill to climb!!

Go ahead and take your shots at me if you want, been there and lived through it!!

8 Likes