66 Hour Work Week

That should be something that is FOIA and should be made public

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe labor unions are subject to FOIA like this since they are not public agency. That being said, all of the JLMC notes are available for viewing in person at the union hall is what I’ve been told when I asked.

2 Likes

14.6 of the MOU says the JLMC agreement needs to be submitted to the Director of Finance By July 1, 2023.

That was a year ago.

I’m confused why details of the agreement are so scarce.

4 Likes

Someone posted the majority of the document waaaaaay back in this thread…

1 Like

Copy. I missed that. Thank you.

1 Like

If you happen to come across it. Please repost.

1 Like

Again why is it so hard for you guys to find out the information you are/should be able to see and is public information. Something smells funny seems everything is top secret.

1 Like

Old school CDF. Knowledge is power and they don’t believe in empowerment of their subordinates. And believe me, L2881 views it’s members as subordinates.

5 Likes

Please don’t paint that with such a broad brush. That isn’t the case with all of us.

1 Like

I understand that there are expectations. But overall that has been my experience.

Big boy3599 posted it on April 13, post #152. I think that’s what their talking about

2 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks, this is the FINISHED PRODUCT put out by the dept.

No notes, no schedules, no minutes, nada

3 Likes

What I have gained out of this forum is how bad our communication is to our members. It’s not our fault that we mix up information or think we have it right. We are working off of word of mouth and not an information data base. Instead of everyone knowing an orange is an orange, word of mouth makes it seem like sometimes we have apples.

7 Likes

That is exactly the reason the membership needs to actually read what they are agreeing to.

Just because someone pays union dues does not alleviate the member of their duty to understand what they are agreeing to during ratification. If someone is trying to sell you on the contract, there is usually a reason.

3 Likes

In other news, multiple BU’s provide regular update’s on bargaining.

2 Likes

Great point about empowerments. My point is it should all be readily available and standardized for common understanding and consumption. No selling, which you are right, our reps do. Just information and facts. Maybe a more important question is, why is our union so resistant to this idea?

We are in 2024, I’m pretty sure the technology is available to meet this need. And… with the added personnel I can definitely see the need for communication growing.

2 Likes

Well on top of the $260 opeb we lost, my overtime rate just dropped by $1.71/hr. the last pay period i lost $176.13 in overtime.

3 Likes

Knowledge is power, it’s really that simple.

There are multiple platforms (apps) designed specifically for union communications and secure voting.

I personally proposed to Tim Edward’s that all unions meetings should be available by video along with in-person and all voting should be done electronically to achieve more member involvement. He basically told me that will never happen while he is President. He said if people want to vote they can show up at a meeting.

Can someone please give me one good reason for not wanting maximum membership involvement when it comes to voting, other than a certain group losing the control they currently have over the voting process?

Through the resolution process, requiring in-person voting and L2881’s incompetence/straight up lying to members about the Dills Act/Collective bargaining process a small group of people exert nearly complete control over the union and the decisions affecting the entirety of the membership.

2 Likes

So… you so far have taken a 175+ pay cut. Which is a $2100.00 yearly pay cut. Sorry to hear that. That’s more groceries or a kid being able to play sports taken away. Something to also keep in mind is some members joined after this agreement was signed and had no idea this change was coming.

2 Likes