66 Hour Work Week

That is on top of loosing the $260 opeb. Pretty bad impact on a sole provider for a family of 9.

4 Likes

Unfortunately you will lose more than that cause it’s on your overtime rare so at the end of the year and do the math on all your overtime it will be alot more than that for the year so Unfortunate. It’s definitely trying times.

1 Like

I just compared mine. I just lost a total compensation of 292.11 a month. For an annual loss of 3505.32 annually.

Nothing else needs to be said. By the way I did vote NO on our last contract. And yes, people did look at me crazy when I said that’s how I was voting in front of our Rep.

5 Likes

A reduction of 389.96 a WP for a top step BC = -4679.52 per annum.

3 Likes

Kudos for the fortitude to make that post during these adverse times.
Cheers

2 Likes

Yes, thank you as well. Transparency is, in this case our best advocate. Our reps needs to see how this effects us not as numbers but as real people. Our Executive Team needs to see it. Trust me they have not taken a pay cut.

1 Like

I guess the silver lining is that I’m not a top step BC?

I’m reaching to find the good here :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Me either, secondhand intel.

This is what I love about our personnel. We will get handed an unsavory sandwich and ask for the hot sauce to help with the flavor.

It really is the people that make this organization. :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Ah…yes, the legacy of the rainbow meat in the sack lunches lives on!

3 Likes

Everyone lost that $260. They fall under S08, so if R08 gets the cut executive does too.

Just my view on the 66HR work week… everyones needs to R-E-L-A-X. We are arguing over something we have no idea about. The #'s are not out yet this is all speculation. All we know if Newsom budgeted for the 66 and that has passed. Do we know what that actually means no. Can we possibly loose money yes. Can we stay even yes. Can we get a salary raise and loose hours, I’m praying but probably not. Lets just wait and see. As far as the cashpay; we were always slotted to loose that July 1, 2024. So outside of miss information I do not understand by people are arguing over it, outside of hey this is the internet and people just love to argue lol. Have a good day everyone.

1 Like

Wow…Truely aggravating! 13 years retired sitting here reading all the post shaking my head. No one needs a pay cut in this day and age. Cost of living not cheap. You Hard Charges in the field keep being Productive and Professional. I know it’s tough to do but you Rank -n-File folks need to show up in force at meetings and voice your opinions. I use to tell my FFI, if only half of you would show up to meetings you could run the show. I thought the idea of video meetings was a great idea. Thats how these Big Companies do it.
IAfire well said" Knowledge Is power". Good luck 2881 RO8

3 Likes

I think your statement speaks volumes about what we’re “arguing over on the internet”. It’s the same lack of communication and the possibility of going backwards we always get.

4 Likes

L2881 reminds of a quote from Denzel Washington about the media.

I’ll para-phase to fit.

If you don’t show up to a union meeting you’re uniformed. If you do show up to a union meeting you’re misinformed.

13 Likes

Although political influence may, or may not have some indirect correlation to this topic, let’s please keep the politic discussion out of it and stay on track.

4 Likes

Aside from the political issue you seem to have a wealth of union knowledge.

Maybe you can help me understand. What is it that other bargaining units have discussions with their membership during their processes?? Is their a way to see the NDA the union says they are under??

3 Likes

NDA’s are worth only the paper they are written on. In this case, I think the NDA is so member’s won’t get information from their leadership! Think about it.

3 Likes

Every bargaining team has different needs and different ways of operating. I know under 2881’s current leadership, that Edwards is a big face to face guy and I believe his preference is to not release information until it is fact due to membership speculation. I mean, as much as it can suck, he’s not wrong. Half the people in this thread are ready to get pitchforks out due to the small amount of info they do have, because people speculate and fill in the gaps themselves.

If there isn’t a solidified plan to present, then there isn’t much sense in him tossing out ideas for people’s imagination to run wild with. The bargaining teams priorities were set at convention, and that has been communicated to the membership. We just have to wait and see what bargaining brings back from the table. We can always vote it down if it’s unsatisfactory.

3 Likes

But is there an NDA and can we see it??

1 Like