66 Hour Work Week

The union website had someone access the calculator that was not part of our union. Someone hacked in and we don’t need someone to compromise the contract We are trying to secure.

I don’t see BLM, USFS, or NPS operating a Tiller in Riverside, up on a milti story building ventilating it. Or responding in a Hazmat rig. Never seen these agencies pull out a Hurst or Combi Tool and go to work on a pin in. I have had USFS be on scene on many structure fires and never make an entry with us. I’m not Dishing These agencies just showing we are not the same.

4 Likes

The fed guys are welcome to apply for Cal Fire. As you are welcome to apply for a LG Agency. Are you saying they should all pay the same? LG employs way less people than Cal Fire. Stands to reason they can offer more compensation.

2 Likes

The comparison with LG and others is always a parity issue BOTH ways. Have a friend who worked LG for 29 years (working a 56). He retired out and left his PERS alone. He went to work for CF and once vested his retirement rate will be higher plus he will have medical whereas in LG he wouldn’t of had. That’s worth up to $1200 to $2k per month. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side of the fence. Parity between them will always exist.

8 Likes

It’s. 17% hourly increase everywhere, not just ot.

Will the union put up a calculator? This is a very powerful visual tool for many members. And will help to ease some anxiety over inflation, health care, etc. For some it will still not help, as they may have circumstances outside of this main issue. But I feel, as long as the bulk of the membership gets an informed idea, it’s a great tool. Just put a disclaimer on it that it’s for estimates only and personal circumstances may change the final number.

Please put the calculator back up.

2 Likes

Where else can we work 3-4 days per week and make 6 figures? Everyone has gotten soft

9 Likes

With this new contract. If it passes. Think about the vacation cash out now for the seasonals and the employees that will retire after Nov 1. Goes up pretty good.

1 Like

Can we stop only giving the FF1 the minimum wage raises? We already have Seasonal FF1’S making more than permanent FAES at bottom step. Put it in the contract that if the state raises ANY minimum wage from food workers up that that percentage will be added to all ranks to allow for proper wages across all our ranks.
We also need to all come together and support our HFEO’S, fuels crew personnel. Continuing to kick the can down the road for those positions is not acceptable. The state keeps saying fuels management is a priority but the fuels programs keep getting cut, with spending shut off, BC position funding ending. We need everyone on the same schedule, staff them proper.
A post stated that our raise in this contract is washed out due to our increase in contributions for health care. Is this true? I want clarification on that. If I am making x amount more due to the new agreement but am paying out x amount more for health care and it cancels out the amount of my raise, then how can I say we are getting a raise?

4 Likes

This may be hard to nail down. The increase will depend on your wage and the healthcare depends on your health plan (with dependents) you have selected. So it may not always be an apples to apples comparison. I use Kaiser and it’s cheaper, and near me, but it may not be the best option for certain procedures.

Just want ensure we each have a heads up to have some of our info ready and up front to get a solid comparison for your specific case.

1 Like

How do we find out what our hourly OT rate will be?

Perhaps the only reliable way will be your CALCONNECT on 12/01.

2 Likes

There is no calculation?

Ball park multiple your current OT rate by 17%(16.98 by 2881 calculator). Current rate X 1.17 = new rate

Thank you!

The formula is in the TA

Take your current Base base excluding EDWC divide by 53
(Base pay ÷ 53)
Take that number and multiple by 1.5
Take that number and multiple by 6

Top step FCA = 6556
6556 ÷ 53 = $123.69
123.69x1.5 = 185.53 (round up to 186)
186 x 6 = 1116

Add the Base 6556 to the 1116 and the new Base is 7672
That is the new top step Base Base rate that gets used for the OT rate calculation

Current Base 6556 New Base 7672
Current OT rate $42.i5 New OT Rate $50.13

3 Likes

So is this official we as CF are getting a raise as well ?

Thank you for the visual.

1 Like

I believe we still need to vote on this???

1 Like

Potential schedules are out. 2 rational (forward and reverse) and 2 modified Kelly (forward and reverse) 1 pay period and 2 pay period versions of each.

3 Likes