CA-ANF-Bobcat

Not sure now, nvm.

2 Likes

Are you sure? There is no heat in VIIRS and closest fire in IR is back towards Throop and Mt Hawkins. If you have intel source, please share. Fire on Baden Powel just adds more misery. And here is Baden Powel from Mtn High, looking at Vincent Gap:

1 Like

Any word on how the fire ops went on the north side of Mt. Wilson?

Spot outside the line near Sierra Madre:

http://www.alertwildfire.org/orangecoca/index.html?camera=Axis-Arcadia1&v=81e003f

1 Like

First alarm Area C resources on it now. Working with the incident to address it with incident resources. Aircraft inbound.

3 Likes

No smoke visible from the base of the hill this morning. Good weather with nice moisture recovery last night.
View of the backside from Sunset:

4 Likes

And then…pockets of fuel and much of the Big Cone Doug Fir in canyons along the West Fork near Devore Campground did not burn in the Station Fire

Good chance it is Shortcut Canyon or thereabouts. Well away from Wilson, just needed perspective.https://goo.gl/maps/bHxnQp2hLhE3kvxh8 :

3 Likes

Mill Creek reporting Red Flag criteria fire conditions - 1:53 PM: 82 degrees, Winds SSE 10 Gusts 27 MPH RH 7%

4 Likes

I’m not sure that is red flag conditions.
Sounds like every summer day in socal

1 Like

It met criteria on the fire weather snooper and was coded red as a red flag station

1 Like

OK
Rh sounds suspect, it’s 26% in wrightwood

Live video:

4 Likes

103,135 acres and 15% contained.

3 Likes

I keep hoping Mt Wilson defense is done, but I know I should never hope. My crew is there now and it is getting a bit hectic. Wind pushing towards Wilson now according to boots on the ground. Cams beg to differ.

8 Likes

Currently up at Mt. Wilson near the 100 inch telescope. Fire is making a good push up the West Fork but still has a ways to go. 2 copters working it now. Wind is pushing fire sort of diagonal to the telescopes. Looks like 3 Alpha STs are arriving in the parking lot. Sounds like crews are firing down on the 2. Be safe all.

2 Likes

From the 100 in telescope. Crews using the higher view to observe fire behavior. One observatory manager left in PPE.

13 Likes

All three of the following criteria must be exceeded in order for Red Flag Warning conditions to be met:

Sustained 20 ft Winds: >15 mph

Relative Humidity: < 25%

10 hr Dead Fuel Moisture: <9%

2 Likes

105,345 acres & 15% contained.

Volatile weather lies on the horizon.

7 Likes

AT’'s had an early up. One flew over about 0820 from SB. (Wrightwood)

5 Likes

The fire has again crossed Highway 2 near Angeles Forest Highway.

1 Like