CA-BDF-Line ???

Looking from Lucerne Valley

4 Likes

Desert and Keller view

4 Likes

It came out from below AO and has crossed the SA drainage. Now moving along the Eastern flank of the finger that ran up to Bluff lake through Clark’s Grade. Will test contingency lines and the fuels reduction along the the main rise running East to the resorts. Should have a decent chance of holding it there. I’m more concerned about the continued growth from AO down to SA and East towards Seven Oaks. That could determine if this a few days issue or weeks issue.

4 Likes

Capping out…

ALERTCalifornia - Rincon del Diablo S

2 Likes

Evacuation order for the community of seven oaks

6 Likes

From the comments the other day when it made a run and it was said it was within their containment lines and no risk to today and they have a vlat on it, must have some significant threat to their containment lines all of a sudden now.

3 Likes

Contingency containment lines had been put into repair status

2 Likes

GOES West image
IMG_1154

4 Likes

Across the Eastern most dozer line per divison.

4 Likes

I suggest they go back up there and un-repare them lines.

10 Likes

Without a map section it’s hard to know exactly where that is. Eastern most direct containment dozer line would have been the piece from Clark’s Grade down to the 07 rd. There’s 2 more contingency lines we put in to the east of that. The next one would be the ridge east of Mile creek and the last being way east about 4 ridges over tying in Mill Creek to the 06 rd. But again all contingency lines had been put into repair status.

5 Likes

Agree it’s hard to know as described but division did state Section 11 I believe.

5 Likes

FirePhotoGirl is updating on x.com. Here is video of the fire moving towards Seven Oaks:
x.com
Location of FPG:

EDIT Sounds like Angelus Oaks is also under evac order

4 Likes

It must be a horrible feeling putting in so much work on line for several days only for the fire to slop over it. Thank you to everyone who tried to make a stop there & with the weather the next few days safety should be the number one priority.

17 Likes

I live in Running Springs. Was headed back home from Big Bear via North Shore Drive and snapped this.

10 Likes

Did it jump the lines or is it still within the footprint? I know of small spots over the line on the North end.

2 Likes

Looks like the South side of the Santa Ana drainage is taking off now below AO, not good

1 Like

So it did jump the dozer line in section 11 above hwy 38

1 Like

If you reference the ops map in Romeo and uniform, the open line has nothing direct on it for the vast majority. While some areas experienced heavy downpour, these areas got very little precipitation. Lightning fires popped up in bear Creek drainage and above jenks lake within just a couple hours of the storm.
Going direct on those open areas was turned down by numerous crews for valid reasons, no one was demobed for those decisions.

11 Likes

Inversion in full control. Smoke being pushed to the ground…

6 Likes