CA-BDF-Line ???

Most must have left Running Springs last night. Watching the downtown cams the only traffic has been LE and this morning some T1 engines making their way to their assignments. Will likely be a very eventful day again and see what the weather brings.

4 Likes
2 Likes

No East wind this morning, that spread into the Santa Ana river above the dam is concerning for sure, spread into Bear Creek is another bad scenario.

5 Likes

That’s PJ helicopters. Not USAF PJ’s. That will show up at GuardXX.

3 Likes

Yeah I meant PJ Helicopters

1 Like

Anyone know where base camp is gonna be?

1 Like

Beaumont at the Nobile Creek Park off Oak Valley Blvd

3 Likes

Thanks brother. I was wondering the same thing. Good looking out!

1 Like

The Park District has done a great job of building out the infrastructure for a large camp there, power/water supply, secure parking and support buildings onsite ready to go.

7 Likes

LFD Strike Team 1001A E209, E10, E13, E29, E35 BC 1 ,
Strike Team 1002A E14, E21, E220, E87, E93, BC 705 and
XLA 1075A E58LFD, E69LFD, E43CUL, E3SMA, E6SMA, SMCBA as STEN all deployed

3 Likes

On the RS cams I just saw 2 T1 ST’s and an OES ST passing thru RS. Lots of other agency vehicles and LE, but little to no civilian traffic. Air seems pretty clear up there right now. Looks like things are waking up a bit…

On edit… lots of code 3 equipment now arriving in Running Springs.

6 Likes

T-122 back at SBD.

Definitely hitting the ground running since its first drop last week.

7 Likes

The communities of Cedar Glen, Lake Arrowhead, Crestline, and Valley of Enchantment have been added to the Evac Warning list. Full list available on Watch Duty…

4 Likes
1 Like

Looks like the eastern flank has woken up. This appears to be the portion east of the Santa Ana River, west of Morton Peak Fire lookout, from Dunlap Acres.

9 Likes

Evac warnings for Angelus Oaks and above

4 Likes

Starting to wake up a little on the Running springs cam

3 Likes

Nuking upslope but into the wind, not the worst of worst. I do like the chances of fuel break around Angelus Oaks holding at the moment.

3 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Aircraft Operations Q&A

Hail falling in Big Bear

4 Likes