CA-BDF-Line ???

Stay safe out there.

4 Likes

All aircraft off the fire due to weather, I hope thats because of rain!

3 Likes

Numerous thunderstorms in the area and around the fire.

3 Likes

From NWSSD

2 Likes

Highway 38 going up to Mountain Homes at the FS station

3 Likes

Repeat of yesterdays weather, valley had cleared out of smoke, nice column development, (east side of Santa Ana River drainage, up to SART on ridge between Seven Oaks dam & Morton peak) then collapse and now the valley is smoked out again.
11 AM - 1330pm
Panorama from Harrison Mtn (west) to Morton Peak (east)

Fire east of Seven Oaks dam on back side of ridgeline - Santa Ana River trail

13 Likes

Seems like pretty good outflow from t-storms over the area: Red numbers are gusts

5 Likes

Looks like the push behind the dam has passed Morton Peak and gone further east, I dont recall any fire in that drainage till it gets to Mountain Home Village area

4 Likes

3 additional Charlies, 2 Golf, 3 WTs requested to Hwy 38. Its backing down to challenge 38 in a narrow portion and “has a good chance it will jump”. Requesting to shut down Hwy 38.

3 Likes

Ridge break down with onshore winds Tuesday/Wednesday. The NWS uses NBM for it’s wind gusts so localized winds could be stronger than that.

6 Likes

Tonight’s 209 info

Critical Needs
10 STA,
19 STC,
16 STG,
17 CRW1
40 DOZ2
23 W/T
4 DIVS
8 HEQBs
20 FEMT
20 FEMP
Fixed Wing Intel Aircraft

Acerage still showing 17000+ and 1685 personnel

Everything else is what has been discussed here today

13 Likes

Any intel on the 38 and Morton Trk Trl area, the glow up there is concerning

2 Likes

whats the word on running springs and arrowbear?

2 Likes

Word must be good since resources being released… Great work out there

2 Likes

What’s going on at the bowl behind Harrison Mountain and the 330? Backfire ops or subborn line?

2 Likes

My sons ST was in Running Springs today and he said the fire just skunked around and watching the Running Springs camera today confirmed what he had said.

2 Likes

Lots of moisture and storms today
Tomorrow is a new weather pattern

2 Likes
3 Likes

I highly doubt resources are being released unless significant rainfall took place.

Even if the fire barely moved and rain dampered things down the sheer amount of open line and potential activity increasing again suggests a lengthy assignment. Released for the evening sure, rest up you are needed back out tomorrow :sweat_smile:

Smelled like rain in Hanford although it was not present.

Activity in the state went from days off- to forcey bear- to umbrella- to … sorry honey I’ll probably be back in 2-3 weeks, probably.

11 Likes

Cal-Fire Air Intel mapped fire tonight at 20552 acres.

12 Likes