CA-BDF-Line ???

Updates? Latest mapping?

1 Like

Looks like intel24 just flew it. Over the airport fire now

2 Likes

Intel24 mapped at 25,813 acres

6 Likes

Lots of firing tonight on Hwy 18
Saw yesterday they were walking dozers off Hwy 18 at Daley Cyn down to City Creek, seening that they are now firing that drainage. and doing a impressive job

10 Likes

https://fb.watch/uw2ewDQCFM/
If you know this spot, you know how steep that is, I think the second dozer is a BDC one but not sure.

5 Likes

Calfire in the Lead
Followed by 4 private dozers
D5H(in the video)
D6T(part 2 video)
D6N(part 2 video)

4 Likes

A couple of them came real close to laying them over too

3 Likes

Good vid! Tracks locked and sliding, woohoo !!

2 Likes

I think that spot is the Caltrans rock dump for the 18

2 Likes
3 Likes

Asked a question a few days ago on why would they demob so many ST-A…Now Im going to ask why did they get called back again at 0500 this am?

As with any incident the needs ebb and flow. With the changes in needs, it would not be out of scope to release Alpha S/T’s rather than have them sitting around doing nothing

7 Likes

San Bernardino County and local agencies committed a sizable amount of available engines when the fire jumped the 330 and headed for the Rim, once that situation stabilized, they released many of those units back.

6 Likes

Times have changed! I remember if there was no STA work, you were going to park that pavement queen off the road and do STC work…

5 Likes

There were 20 STENs ordered through Ops bulletin, parallel to the normal ordering system, chief to chief. They are meant for short term emergency use and must be returned immediately. They cannot be rolled onto an E#.
So they are released and then ordered again the normal way.

14 Likes

Now that makes sense. Thanks!

3 Likes

I am just guessing but I would think that a type 1 strike team sitting around or doing brush work would be very expensive. Release for a day or two and call back if needed would save a lot of money. Multiply that by 3,5 or more and it becomes large amount. Not considering the break for the crews.
I had heard at one time a municipal strike team could cost over one hundred K per day. If so, expensive when not being used.

2 Likes

Back to the fire. Fire is making a run to the NE, visible from Keller peak cams. Panorama view shows it best
https://ops.alertcalifornia.org/cam-console/2044

7 Likes

Id expect Big Bear Valley will go to mandatory evacs soon.

8 Likes

View from Barstow

6 Likes