CA-BDF-Line ???

The fire lookout at Keller Peak is gone. Only the support structure remains.

Don’t know why on the Keller Cam link they have it pixelated out.
I didn’t know they edited their images.

ALERTCalifornia - Keller Peak 1

3 Likes

It appears to be ash/debris on the lens (or lens damage?), not intentional pixelation. Typically the cams use grey boxes to obscure areas, not pixelation, though this may vary

Edit: it does in fact appear to be pixelated in some frames — my mistake!

6 Likes

certain areas are always pixelated for privacy, I would assume the lookout was one of those places. If you look at other cameras, if they are near houses or other objects, they are pixelated for privacy reasons by the camera software.

10 Likes

It was not pixilated before the fire

2 Likes

As the picture clears, it appears as though you can see through the lookout. Like looking through windows.

2 Likes

Mandatiry Evacs

https://x.com/sbcountysheriff/status/1833643231952966010?t=CV-zkYcXoC2wH-SSEUM7tQ&s=07

7 Likes

Rest in peace, Keller Peak Lookout.

17 Likes

A little clearer shot.

16 Likes

A picture is worth a thousand words

4 Likes

I remember picture of Strawberry Peak lookout on the Station fire. This reminds me of that.

6 Likes

Looking like knocking on the back door of big bear lake

3 Likes

Wrightwood and lone pine canyon under mandatory evacuations, bridge fire now mapped at 38,000 acres,

3 Likes

Cal OES 2024 daily reimbursement rates for type 1 engine ST personnel (STL, STL(t) +15) looks like 19,217.09 daily, including time and a half and 10% admin cost. Add in 5 type 1 engines maths out to 42,115.13. This is for agencies that don’t claim actual costs.

Even doubling personnel costs gets nowhere near 100,000 per day. If I mathed wrong, please explain.

5 Likes

The answer is that actual costs are much higher if agencies file an OES salary survey. How many LG chiefs make only $34/hr? Plus… a Type 1 ST requires 4 per apparatus, not 3. And the admin rate is rarely only 10%.

2 Likes

XVE1550A Ventura County Op Area responding immediate need Code to Noble Park icp. Stung out along the 210 passing 605 and 57.

6 Likes

Roughly about 1.5 hours ago looking from Redlands…

6 Likes

The Keller peak cam is showing multiple fingers burning up the east side of bear creek now

5 Likes

Screenshot_20240910-195227~2

1 Like

Task force headed down from NorCal. Noble creek ICP

3 Likes

Do you know what county? Just wondering

1 Like